• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What The Heck Kind Of Wild Mushroom Is This!?

Infinity!

Well-Known Member
Okay, so i noticed this in my front yard when i came home from school today. I see regular lawn/garden mushrooms pop up all the time during the fall months, but NEVER like this one. Anyone of you know what kind it is!? It has one huge middle cap that is about a 10-12 inches tall with 3-4 small ones surrounding it. Im simply just curious as to what it is!? Btw, i live in Oregon (in the country) if that helps. Thanks in advance!

20161020_153739.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
Lucky...

I grew up just outside of Albany was FFA all the way and I've never seen anything like that either ! Probably a different kind of fungus....
 
In Germany we call this mushroom, which has a very very short life (I mean the "fruit", not the mycelium) "Schopf-Tintling". Infinity, look at your picture - do you see the dark spots next to the mushrooms? This is how they look after about two days. Now check the German name again: "Schopf-Tintling". "Tintling" refers to "Tinte", which means "ink". The upper part of the mushroom starts to become black and drops down in the shape of black fluid, like black ink. On my picture (German Wikipedia) you see two of them in their earliest state of decomposition, same on thomos picture, the right one. On your picture you see the remains of such funghi.

As far as it is entirely white, it is not just edible, but even delicious. I tried it out!

Schopftintling-1.jpg
 
Last edited:
I'd have to make myself "some tea", take a chair out in the yard, and watch the shrooms grow! ... Shes beautiful!
 
Those funky looking mushrooms make me nervous after seeing "Invasion of the Body Snatchers". :yikes:

MV5BMTgyMTc3ODUzM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDIwMjg4Mw@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg
 
I had a brown mushroom in my yard and I ran over it with the lawn mower . BIG BROWN CLOUD ! Made sure not to breath that in .
 
I kicked one the other day, puff of brown powder, held my breath because I thought it was spores.
 
Back
Top Bottom