• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

What they said vs what you heard

I had a friend in school that ruined the Bee Gees Stayin Alive for me
"Well you can tell by the way I swing my c**k , it's 3 feet long and hard to walk"

Mine was Billy Idol's Eyes Without a Face
"I'll Supply the Face"

Another friend AC/DC High Voltage
"High Vultures"

Jon Bon Jovi Bad Medicine
"your Mom looks like Sam Kinison"
 
Gary Numan-Cars

Here in my car
I can only receive
I can listen to you
It keeps me stable for days
In cars

I always heard it this way

It gives me strength of 4 guys
In cars
 
The Weel In Disguise Keeps On Turning - Journey
I Want A one Legged Woman - Led Zeppelin

Cheers,
James
 
I listened to Manfred Mann's version of Bruce Springsteen's Blinded By The Light about a thousand times, trying unsuccessfully to make ANY sense out of the lyrics.

About half of the song was flat-ass unintelligible. I had to look it up on some internet lyrics site; and even then, I think whoever published the lyrics made mistakes.
 
I listened to Manfred Mann's version of Bruce Springsteen's Blinded By The Light about a thousand times, trying unsuccessfully to make ANY sense out of the lyrics.

About half of the song was flat-ass unintelligible. I had to look it up on some internet lyrics site; and even then, I think whoever published the lyrics made mistakes.

Probably not, the song is known for lyrics that don't make any sense. It's still a very good song.
 
In the recording of "El amor brujo" by Manuel de Falla by soprano Leontyne Price and Fritz Reiner conducting the Chicago Symphony Orchestra:

I've heard "A mi me matan los pelos" instead of "A mi me matan los celos" ("Hair is killing me" instead of "Jealousy is killing me")

61wa%2Be2BhUL.jpg
 
A more modern one:

Foster the People - Life on the Nickel.

I would swear it was
"Ooh yeah, I'm Awesome!"
when it really was
"Yet again I'm hustlin'"

Personally, I prefer being awesome to hustlin'
 
Me and the Wifey were riding in the car - our 4 year old in the back seat. On the radio was Hall & Oates "Maneater". I heard him singing along so I turned it down to hear him say:

"Oh-oh, here she comes. She's a bad eater"

Still cracks me up to this day.
 
I listened to Manfred Mann's version of Bruce Springsteen's Blinded By The Light about a thousand times, trying unsuccessfully to make ANY sense out of the lyrics.

About half of the song was flat-ass unintelligible. I had to look it up on some internet lyrics site; and even then, I think whoever published the lyrics made mistakes.

"Wrapped up like a deuce in the runner in the night".
 
Elton John's Lucy In The Sky With Dahhhn (I heard "Don")

Neil Diamond's Forever In Blue Jeans was for me, "Reverend Blue Jeans". This was amazingly also referenced in a King Of Queens episode.
 
As or Lucy In the Sky With Diamonds, the Beatles version might have been more intelligible.

Anyway, pne that comes to mind is Marzy Doats. I swear when I was a kid the 45 I had was titled that but I don't remember the artist. It is not not Marzy doats :

Mares eat oats,
And does eat oats,
And little lambs eat ivy,
A kid'll eat ivy too,
Do you ?

Sometimes I think they don't WANT you to understand the words. Effects, and possibly using the virtues of crappy speakers back in the 1960s or whatever. Some of the junky stereos back then were alot more junky.
 
I didn't realize how dirty "My Sharona" was until I read the lyric. I'm pretty sure it was intentionally difficult to understand.
 
When I was young, I was singing along to Rubber Soul (maybe '65) with headphones on and my sisters laughed at me because the words to the Beatles NO REPLY did not include

"Cuz I know where you been, I saw you walkin your dog"
 
Last edited:
I didn't realize how dirty "My Sharona" was until I read the lyric. I'm pretty sure it was intentionally difficult to understand.

Even more intense...the song was written for a girl named Sharona in an attempt to seduce her away from her boyfriend. It sort of worked, too.

Sharona's a real estate agent in LA now.
 
Back
Top Bottom