• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What Tonearm Is This???

Register to hide this ad
Don C is almost right.
It is a Rega R200, not RB200.
The R200 was made by Acos-Lustre for Rega ( hence the similar looks to Acos Lustre´s own GST-1 arm) , before they started manufacturing their own arms in Britain, and hence the RB - Rega Britain.
At www.audioorigami.co.uk you can see a full rebuilding of this arm.
Jorge
 
Last edited:
And here´s a full picture of the R200 arm on the left, and another of the Acos on the right. See the resenblence?
Jorge
 
Last edited:
Whatever you do do not remove the black elbow shaped plug from the bottom of the arm unless you do it with extreme care. There are pins soldered to the ends of the 4 wires + ground that are simply inserted, one at a time into that plug. If you drill the right sized hole in the plinth there is really no need to remove the plug.

Rob
 
Thanks for the info. I'm starting to recognize some arms and didn't know that one. I like the looks.
 
I had one of them as the original on my Planar 2 and only recently replaced it with an RB350. Ended up rewiring it twice (another story) but it is a decent enough arm. I can't claim to have done an A-B comparison because I not only changed arms but also cartridges from MM to MC.

Rob
 
hifi_nut said:
Don C is almost right.
It is a Rega R200, not RB200.
The R200 was made by Acos-Lustre for Rega ( hence the similar looks to Acos Lustre´s own GST-1 arm) , before they started manufacturing their own arms in Britain, and hence the RB - Rega Britain.
At www.audioorigami.co.uk you can see a full rebuilding of this arm.
Jorge

Where are the Arcos-Lustre arms built? The reason I guessed Sansui is that this arm looks like some that are out of Japan. To me it looks like it's a cross between Pioneer and Sausui, so I was wondering if there was any relationship there. It looks like a very nice arm.

Clyde
 
cfoster said:
Where are the Arcos-Lustre arms built? The reason I guessed Sansui is that this arm looks like some that are out of Japan. To me it looks like it's a cross between Pioneer and Sausui, so I was wondering if there was any relationship there. It looks like a very nice arm.

Clyde

Hi Clyde,
In fact Acos was a japanese company making a lot of OEM arms for other people. I agree with you, their arms looked excelent.
If you want to find out some more have a look at www.vinylengine.com
Jorge
 
hifi_nut said:
Hi Clyde,
In fact Acos was a japanese company making a lot of OEM arms for other people. I agree with you, their arms looked excelent.
If you want to find out some more have a look at www.vinylengine.com
Jorge

Jorge,

I knew it! :yes: I have a Pioneer and a Sansui TT and the Acos arm looks like it has parts that would work on both of them. Thanks for the info and I may keep an eye out for one. I have a Fairchild 412 that could use a new arm.

Clyde
 
Back
Top Bottom