Adda
Super Member
Here are a few pics of GAMMA's.
GAMMA 50 speaker, designed by Audioscan.
The GAMMA BK3013A, this is my spare driver.
GAMMA VLD-12, they come in at least two versions they sound the same to me.
These are not the ones I use though, these two are the most grimly of my spares, but they sound just like the others.
I think it's unlikely to find these drivers outside of Scandinavia though, you might be able to order new ones directly from the factory though, they are supposed to be very affordable, but I haven't heard of anyone having success ordering from them though.
http://www.vissokogovoriteli.plc.bg/
Diagrams of the 70's Audioscan cabs are easily found, if you need any I can point you in the right direction.
Another option is to get Expolinear speakers, some of them uses GAMMA ribbons with neodymium magnets and fancy ribbon materials.
I use aluminum film from 250v caps as ribbon material, extremely difficult to work with, but free if you scavenge, much thinner and lighter then household aluminum film.
I cut out the strips I need and give them ridges by pressing them between some old IDE cables.
I then stick them in place in the tweeter using silver based cooler paste, Arctic Silver 5 is what I use, very little, just enough to stick.
GAMMA 50 speaker, designed by Audioscan.
The GAMMA BK3013A, this is my spare driver.
GAMMA VLD-12, they come in at least two versions they sound the same to me.
These are not the ones I use though, these two are the most grimly of my spares, but they sound just like the others.
I think it's unlikely to find these drivers outside of Scandinavia though, you might be able to order new ones directly from the factory though, they are supposed to be very affordable, but I haven't heard of anyone having success ordering from them though.
http://www.vissokogovoriteli.plc.bg/
Diagrams of the 70's Audioscan cabs are easily found, if you need any I can point you in the right direction.
Another option is to get Expolinear speakers, some of them uses GAMMA ribbons with neodymium magnets and fancy ribbon materials.
I use aluminum film from 250v caps as ribbon material, extremely difficult to work with, but free if you scavenge, much thinner and lighter then household aluminum film.
I cut out the strips I need and give them ridges by pressing them between some old IDE cables.
I then stick them in place in the tweeter using silver based cooler paste, Arctic Silver 5 is what I use, very little, just enough to stick.
