• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What was the the last audio-related item you purchased?

A pair of these, or more ideally a DB230 or 230A is an amp I'd like to play with at some point. Probably don't need to own, but I'd like to hear one. Commercially produced home hifi gear using TV sweep tubes in the 1950s is incredibly uncommon.
Yeah I’m kind of curious myself, some big voltage on those sweep tubes. Apparently they sound good and have some sizeable power, so should be a good winter project when I get around to them.
 
Picked them up today and was super happy; cosmetically perfect, unmolested, full tube compliments and a few spares too. I couldn’t see the faces of these in the pics so expected them to be beat to snot.

Fisher 400, 2 x early Bogen DB130 amps. Big ass complete stand up radio in my car as well, trying to donate it to SPARC and other such groups.

Needed another project (did I really lol?) so these three will get refreshed this winter, Fisher first. It’s missing a knob brite that I must have dropped on the way to the car, but that’s it, thing is flawless.

Been a while since I’ve had a scroe; haven’t really been looking, but this one found me. Winning bid on these four units was a whopping $86 CAD; make sure to post proper pictures of your auction ads folks.

IMG_7591.jpeg

IMG_7594.jpeg

IMG_7596.jpeg

IMG_7595.jpeg
 
Wow wow, pretty units, enjoy

Wow!!! Are you going to service them? Those look fantastic we need to see more of this set!!! Congratulations on such a cool set!!

I need more amps like a dog needs fleas, but these are some of Fishers best IMO. I do love the old Fishers and I have a handful in my storage locker.

I am lining up the projects for when I retire from work. I want plenty to keep me busy, as I am thinking of retirement in a year, if I stay healthy that long.
 
I need more amps like a dog needs fleas, but these are some of Fishers best IMO. I do love the old Fishers and I have a handful in my storage locker.

I am lining up the projects for when I retire from work. I want plenty to keep me busy, as I am thinking of retirement in a year, if I stay healthy that long.

Really cool, I’m a big fisher fan too. I’ve slowed up on buying tube amps for now, and started the process of purchasing components to restore what I have that needs restoration. I’ve got about 40-50 tube amps in my living room, most work, some restored and some needing some love.

Hope you do get to restore those soon, if you do I sure hope you post about them in the tube forums.
 
I need more amps like a dog needs fleas, but these are some of Fishers best IMO. I do love the old Fishers and I have a handful in my storage locker.

I am lining up the projects for when I retire from work. I want plenty to keep me busy, as I am thinking of retirement in a year, if I stay healthy that long.
Ha you sound like me. Gonna pull the retirement plug very soon, and have a small hoard of units that I think are interesting down in storage. The Bogen pair I picked up will head down there tomorrow and wait their turn lol.

Wife still working for a while, so I figure a pile of electronics to sort out will keep me busy.
 
I have a number of other items that will be here in a few days, and I thought this was nice. I wouldn't have snagged it except how clean it is. I would love to power it up but all those old caps, and yet the part of the beauty of this is all those original caps I hate to replace them. That was some real craftsmanship those English men did.


rca lmi 32216-2.webp

rca lmi 32216-3.webp


rca lmi32216.webp
 
I have a number of other items that will be here in a few days, and I thought this was nice. I wouldn't have snagged it except how clean it is. I would love to power it up but all those old caps, and yet the part of the beauty of this is all those original caps I hate to replace them. That was some real craftsmanship those English men did.


View attachment 3850414

View attachment 3850416


View attachment 3850413

I saw a singe on eBay was that you who landed it?
 
I have a number of other items that will be here in a few days, and I thought this was nice. I wouldn't have snagged it except how clean it is. I would love to power it up but all those old caps, and yet the part of the beauty of this is all those original caps I hate to replace them. That was some real craftsmanship those English men did.


View attachment 3850414

View attachment 3850416


View attachment 3850413
I've always wanted a pr of those.Congrats on your new amp.
 
Heres my latest find from FB marketplace from a well known seller of audio gear here locally.
Bryston 4wsb 4-way speaker selector.
They seem to be rare and that's just what I like in my collecting of audio gear.Oh the price was in the low 2 digets.
 

Attachments

  • s-l1200 (18).webp
    s-l1200 (18).webp
    60.9 KB · Views: 8
  • s-l1200 (19).webp
    s-l1200 (19).webp
    52.2 KB · Views: 8
  • bryston-4wsb-four-way-speaker-switch-box-rare-accessory-645.jpg
    bryston-4wsb-four-way-speaker-switch-box-rare-accessory-645.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 8
Back
Top Bottom