• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What were the first 5 songs you played on your speakers?

Same thing I always play on/with new equipment....A Nautilus half speed master pressing of The Doobie Brothers - The Captain and Me LP in it's entirety.
 
The first two were Bill Frisell's "I Heard It Through the Grapevine" off East/West and then Wilco's "I Am Trying To Break Your Heart" of Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. I think some Hendrix and Let's Active followed.
 
I only remember the first two: Mahler 3rd symphony with the Royal Concertgebow and Riccardo Chailly and Beethoven 5th with Simon Rattle and the Vienna Philharmonic.
 
1. Jennifer Warnes – Ballad of the Runaway Horse – Rob Wasserman’s “Duets” CD – 16/44.1 FLAC.
2. Boston – Cool The Engines – Third Stage CD – 16/44.1 FLAC.
3. Mark Knopfler – Sailing to Philadelphia (CD) – 24/48 FLAC.
4. Ray Charles & Nora Jones – Here We Go Again – Genius Loves Company EP – 24/88 FLAC.
5. Eagles – Hotel California – The Studio Albums 1972 to 1979 – 24/96 FLAC.

These were the tracks I used to demo my Aerial Acoustics Model 8 and compare them with a pair of Vienna Acoustic Strauss speakers.
 
I don't remember, though chances are it was Dave Brubecks Jazz Impressions of Japan album or possibly something Dire Straits
 
The closest to this that I can guess, is from my list of audition music. Music that I use to test the ability of potential new equipment and speakers. For me, music with good vocal, dynamics, and transient response. So:

YES : "Going For The One" - Awaken
Peter Gabriel : "Melt" - Biko
Dire Straights : "Love Over Gold" - Private Investigations
Aaron Copland : "Billy The Kid" - Fanfare For The Common Man
Kate Bush : "Hounds Of Love" - Running Up That Hill

Oh, and pretty much any Billy Cobham.
 
I do not remember, it was 1992. If i were to put myself back in that place it would be something similar to this:

1. 'You've Got Another Thing Coming -Judas Priest
2. "Fever" -Judas Priest
3. "November Rain" -Guns & Roses
4. "To Live is to Die" -Metallica
5. "The Eagle Has Landed" -Saxon
 
Back
Top Bottom