• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What would happen if

No I'm talkin a complete system.This includes the speakers, amp and source, it won't work with any other components.ALL OR NOTHING.And this includes the recording process and mixing and mastering.If it's all about the music like some say then would you give up your current system? I'm a collector so I would have both.It's more than just the music for me.
I am an engineer. Nothing is forever incompatible. Period.

Regardless, my main rig stays.

Enjoy,
Rich P
 
I don't think it's a bad question at all. It's designed to gauge who is in it for the music and who is in it for the flash.

It's just a hypothetical which assumes all those practical concerns you mention have been surmounted.

And if you think new technology can be stopped because it eliminates entire industries, go talk to television post production people and production personnel. Ask how many people were in a typical local news control room in 1990 vs today. Don't worry I'll tell you. It went from 12 give or take down to 1.


Sent from my TARDIS at the restaurant at the end of the universe while eating Phil.

Look, it's like asking: "If my Father was my Mother, how would he deliver a baby via his penis?"

The question requires sweeping so much of the reality out the window, that it is a farce to ask it.

https://www.google.com/search?num=3...6.0....0...1c.1.64.hp..1.5.1250.0.c0S3NL1nqwU

Thank you Manny you summed it up nicely. And I don't think my question is as much of a stretch as yours Theo.
 
Then it is an unrealistic question which needs to throw reality aside and not worth considering.

Look, it's like asking: "If my Father was my Mother, how would he deliver a baby via his penis?"

The question requires sweeping so much of the reality out the window, that it is a farce to ask it.

https://www.google.com/search?num=3...6.0....0...1c.1.64.hp..1.5.1250.0.c0S3NL1nqwU

I guess you will be dropping out of the thread then.

Have a great day :beerchug:
 
It's not hard to fathom at all. The perfect sounding system at a great price is the collective quest of all who enjoy the hobby. Would one cling to the hobby if the quest was actually achieved?
Music was in my blood long before Hi-Fi. I'd get back into tropical fish.
A better consensus to take would be, "What is perfect sound?"
 
I think a system that broadcasts sound telepathically could be considered a game changer that would not require wholescale investment of billions. It would completely replace our sources and conduits.

Interesting idea, actually! Sort of like listening to music on acid all the time! But you don't get paranoid! :)
 
I think a system that broadcasts sound telepathically could be considered a game changer that would not require wholescale investment of billions. It would completely replace our sources and conduits.

Interesting idea, actually! Sort of like listening to music on acid all the time! But you don't get paranoid! :)

Could such a thing work? I can imagine a concert in my head, but it never gets that one-on-one time with the brain that an audio or video recording does.
 
I heard music in my head. Best surround sound I ever heard! That would have been 1978, or something like that! :music:

In fact I listened to all of Jesus Christ Superstar and The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway at that time. I still remember how powerful it was. Altered states...
 
I think a system that broadcasts sound telepathically could be considered a game changer that would not require wholescale investment of billions. It would completely replace our sources and conduits.

Interesting idea, actually! Sort of like listening to music on acid all the time! But you don't get paranoid! :)

Maybe not telepathically but via a chip implanted.Receive phone calls,access the internet and watch movies.
 
Well, since the recorded music is still the same I will wait for perfect record. :))))))


And yes. I would buy it.
 
Last edited:
It's not hard to fathom at all. The perfect sounding system at a great price is the collective quest of all who enjoy the hobby. Would one cling to the hobby if the quest was actually achieved?
Music was in my blood long before Hi-Fi. I'd get back into tropical fish.
A better consensus to take would be, "What is perfect sound?"


If we were able to get a perfect system that pleased everyone with its ability to reproduce music as if it were being played live for you then, yes, sadly all the fun we have on this journey to discover the perfect sound would end.

However, it would free us to enjoy the music! All the energy we put into equipment would quickly shift into debates about this tenor vs that one or this violinist vs the other one. Instruments would be as hotly debated as capacitors and cables are. Wood vs composite electric vs acoustic. It would be freaking AWESOME

Unless of course, you don't really like music as much you like fiddling with equipment.


Sent from my TARDIS at the restaurant at the end of the universe while eating Phil.
 
I don't think it's a bad question at all. It's designed to gauge who is in it for the music and who is in it for the flash.

It's just a hypothetical which assumes all those practical concerns you mention have been surmounted.

And if you think new technology can be stopped because it eliminates entire industries, go talk to television post production people and production personnel. Ask how many people were in a typical local news control room in 1990 vs today. Don't worry I'll tell you. It went from 12 give or take down to 1.


Sent from my TARDIS at the restaurant at the end of the universe while eating Phil.

Look, it's like asking: "If my Father was my Mother, how would he deliver a baby via his penis?"

The question requires sweeping so much of the reality out the window, that it is a farce to ask it.

https://www.google.com/search?num=3...6.0....0...1c.1.64.hp..1.5.1250.0.c0S3NL1nqwU

Thank you Manny you summed it up nicely. And I don't think my question is as much of a stretch as yours Theo.

But when we look at your question and comments in this thread we can see the motive that brings it. I see a poor attempt at a gotcha question.

I would buy and try the system but better is subjective. At $500 buck it's no big deal to own out right without the need to dump anything to pay for it.

BTW I like the sound that comes out a Victrola also.
 
I guess this new system would come with an identical sound room and an operation that make us all hear the same and like the same sound.
 
I guess this new system would come with an identical sound room and an operation that make us all hear the same and like the same sound.


Question: How many audiophiles does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

Answer: THAT'S NOT FUNNY!!!
 
But when we look at your question and comments in this thread we can see the motive that brings it. I see a poor attempt at a gotcha question.

I would buy and try the system but better is subjective. At $500 buck it's no big deal to own out right without the need to dump anything to pay for it.

BTW I like the sound that comes out a Victrola also.

How is this a gotcha question?
 
Just wondering what would happen if a new tech came out that could reproduce music with perfect sound quality,timbre,dynamics,and soundstage?And it was cheap say $500 bucks for the system but incompatible with current amps speakers and sources.It was reviewed and tested and was without a doubt the best way to listen to music.What would the high end crowd do embrace it or refuse to believe? How about the vintage crowd,buy it and chuck all their old gear? :scratch2:

Interesting question. I would be intrigued and definitely look into it.

Ultimately, I don't think it would garner universal acceptance even if the claims were true. This hobby is riddled with dogma, a healthy serving of personal preferences and wide ranging opinions to add to the mix. Sometimes we can't even agree on provable facts. Like religion and politics, debates in this hobby rarely find common ground.

In the end, I'd let my ears decide.
 
Back
Top Bottom