• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What's the one piece of gear...

The Sansui Vintage Line separates specifically the 2301 series, someday...................

Sansui_C-2301_2.jpg

:drool::drool::drool:
b-2301l-h.jpg

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:
 
I can't say I've ever had a piece of gear I've really lusted for. I've been lucky that I've always been pretty happy with whatever I've had, and I've only upgraded when a good opportunity to do so came up, and always totally by surprise. Right now the two items I'd like to acquire more than any other are a nice Conrad Johnson preamp, and an SME-3009 tonearm for my Thorens. Neither of these is in my dreams at night though.
 
I gave my dad the "why the hell didn't you call me first" speech after I found out that he had sold his Klipschorns:nono:

J.R.

...Friday dinners not the same anymore :tears:?

I think a Marantz Esotec SM-1000 will do the trick for me. Ripped these pics out of an ebat item that sold a few months ago for 2,800$ :yikes:



 
I've always wanted one of them BEE-YOO-TEE-FULL Empire TTs... I fell in Serious Lust over 'em back in the '70s, & have wanted one ever since..The TT I had to console myself w/back then was no slouch...The Philips 312. Now all I have is an El Cheapo RatShak-RCA unit. It plays records, that's about all you can say for it....
 
Infinity IRS V speakers, ever since I heard them back in the mid-eighties.

To hear them, is to love them. Actually, it's more like to sink to one's knees in abject awe, to find one's soul irrevocably altered, to feel that life will never be the same without them...

On a more plebian level, I wouldn't mind a Thorens Reference or a Rockport Sirius III. :D

My dreams are expensive ones, which (along with rarity) is the main reason they remain dreams.
 
Back
Top Bottom