• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What's the one piece of gear...

Being that I love vintage and although I don't have the room for either I lust after a set of JBL L300s and a set of Bozak concert Grands.
 
always wanted an old-school Realistic receiver. Something pleasantly retro about them.
 

Attachments

  • realisticsta100receiver.jpg
    realisticsta100receiver.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 6
What's that one piece of of audio gear you've always lusted after but for whatever reason just never got around to acquiring? For me it's the Yamaha CR2020 receiver, I remember the first time I saw one back in the late 70's and thinking that it was the most elegant and classy looking receiver I'd ever seen. I didn't have the means at the time and after floating in an out of the hobby for the last 35 years the timing was never right to acquire one. Oh well someday I hope...anyone else?




I want a fully tricked-out Well-Tempered Turntable!!!!!
 
B&W Nautilus speakers....
Nautilus_l2_w817_h328.jpg


Of course, then I'd need new amps and sources worthy of them.

I second that...maybe with McIntosh mono blocks and a Conrad Johnson Preamp...:thmbsp:
 
Well, although not as fancy as the others here, but an AKAI AS-980. What a beast, never seen so many dials, knobs and VU's. The worst thing is that I put up a wanted ad on a website and I got a reply from a guy who said he had one in his shed. He said he was going to test it out for me but then I could never get in contact. After 3 unreplied e-mails I gave up on that lead. DAMMIT
 
I lust after, but know I'll never find a Thorens TD126 with an SME Series III arm and integral arm lift/auto stop.
 
Back
Top Bottom