• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What's your favourite German word?

Dampflokomotiv

1280px-10001_DDM.jpg
 
Dummkopf.... how popular is that in friendly or not conversation? To my English language ears it sounds like what it means...

Use the diminutive "Dummköpfle" - whisper it over here tenderly into the ear of the spouse after a quarrel - that could be the beginning of a very affectionate night.
 
Last edited:
Sekretsauger

I do not know what one would think seeing this word the first time :D

I know the word exists, since last week I bought one, a "Medap sekretsauger P7040". at the dump.
 
Sekretsauger

I do not know what one would think seeing this word the first time :D

I know the word exists, since last week I bought one, a "Medap sekretsauger P7040". at the dump.

This is a nasty sounding word. Sekretsauging :D must be something I would never like to see at a candlelight dinner... :D
 
Back
Top Bottom