• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

whats your Ink pen of choice?

aidynphoenix

Super Member
I hate useing crappy pens that either doesent write smoothly or are really thin. or that just plain stop working after a week or so after the first use.

sofar the best pens that i have used seem to be the Pilot G2 Rollerball pens.

but i havent really tried manny pens..
any of you guys have a pen selection?
 
Register to hide this ad
I would prefer to use a Parker '51', but for practicality I carry a SS Parker ballpoint with gel ink refill.
 
i like fountain pens, always made my handwriting look great!
havent had the opportunity to use one since grade school..
 
One of the best pens I ever had came from a bank and had a metal case on it not sure of the brand sorry. Second on my list to the pen with no name comes, uni ball roller ball pens
 
Those Papermates you get 10 for a buck. I lose way too many pens to have a nice one.

:thmbsp:+1 My kid takes any pen he finds to school (including Sharpie markers) and needs a new one the next day. He will either lose them or give them away. Even a single $2.00 pen wouldn't last here.
 
Sheaffer and Pelikan fountain pens for formal attire.

A.G. Spalding fountain pens, roller balls and mechanical pencils for casual affairs.

Pilot Precision rollerball and Eberhard Faber pencil for work days.
 
Parker Duofold (gold bands)...I inherited my dad's set of fountain, roller and pencil....i cant find the pencil and it seems impossible to find a black/gold duofold pencil..
 
Pilot P500 or P700 Hard to find Gel rollerball. They tend to dry out before all the ink is gone but I love the way they write and the shape when closed up is perfect to carry in a pair of jeans front pocket. Without poking anything.
 
Bic MC11 series & MM11 (4-color) sometimes.

Faber-Castell UB101 or UB120 series.

Lindy 460 series when I can find them now.

Papermate 931-01 series.

Pilot SW10PP series.

Just a few.

Rome
 
I agree with the PilotG2. When I was a consultant I would spend 4 hours straight writing notes. It was important that I had a pen that wrote easily.

Today is the first day of school in my area (HURRAY - my husband is a teacher!) - why not use the back to school sales to stock up on your favorite pen and toss all the crummy ones in your drawer that don't work well!
 
For daily use the Staples Opti-Flow rollerball package of 6 for like $7. For the car the Tibaldi Bentley rollerball. For fancy stuff, the Pelikan Concerto fountain pen.

IMG_0359.JPG
 
Generally 3 Parker fountain pens and a couple of Schaeffer fps. I had a decent collection of FPs including a Parker 75 but Jr. made off with most of it when he raided my supply closest. On the plus side, he now loves fountain pens for everyday use. For ballpoints, I have primarily Parker T Ball Jotters. About a year or so ago as they were being phased out I bought some 30 pen and pencil sets but as I gave them out I know have about 15. At the time I was giving them out I did not know what was happening with the T Ball and Parker but when I learned of it, I decided to hoard the rmaining sets. A combination of stainless steels and red plastics. I figure I'm set for pretty much the rest of my life with these sets. I do like the gel cartridges but use the T ball ink refills from France just as happily.
 
My everyday, checkbook writing, note taking pen is a Pentel Liquid Gel with a 0.7mm ball tip.
My *want to impress and enjoy* pen is a Waterman fountain pen with a 18Kt gold medium nib.

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • bluephileasopen.JPG
    bluephileasopen.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 32
Back
Top Bottom