• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

whats your Ink pen of choice?

For daily use the Staples Opti-Flow rollerball package of 6 for like $7. For the car the Tibaldi Bentley rollerball. For fancy stuff, the Pelikan Concerto fountain pen.

IMG_0359.JPG

dang, that is a sweet pen!!!:thmbsp:
 
I have been using the Zebra F301 Ultra ball point pens for years. They have a metal body and a nice rubber grip. They are also inexpensive and have been very reliable. The F301 is the fine point version but they have a variety of sizes and colors to choose from. The mechanical pencil version is also very good.

Believe it or not, there is a web site that does pen reviews. (Ain't this internets thing amazing?) I found the review here: http://www.penreview.com/penreview/zebra_f_301_ultra . The web site may be helpful for reviews of the other pens that have been mentioned although I prefer to pay attention to personal recommendations of friends like we have here on AK as opposed to some web site. YMMV.
 
I've been using Pentel R.S.V.P. BK91 because that's what is available in the supply cabinet at work. It seems to effectively capture the disaster that are my notes.

In the past, my preferences have encompassed an enormous number of various brands/models of free, work provided, pens.
 
at home i am happy to use whatever i can find laying around, the one i used this morning had "Indiana Department Of Homeland Security" imprinted on it.
 
I'm a fountain pen user/collector too - though I have more than a few ballpoints, rollers and pencils too.

I won't go on at length here, but I would say that fountain pens are wonderful and since "rediscovering" them about five years ago, they are a daily use item for me. I only use ballpoints if the situation absolutely demands it...

Anyone who has not tried a Parker 51 and loves to write, should track one down. They are still plentiful on eBay. On the less expensive side, a Parker 45 is a wonderful, inexpensive fountain pen and it also takes cartridges (unlike the 51).

Other great makes include Sheaffer, Waterman, Aurora, Esterbrook, Pelikan...

IMO the best rollerball out there is the Lamy 62/63 series which goes in a number of their pens, including the Accent line. It's a wide, satisfying rollerball that never clumps and is smooth to the last drop. Not cheap, but good.

There are a lot of good cheap office pens out there today - the G2 series and almost anything Pilot is generally good.

Enjoy!
 
Back
Top Bottom