Adda
Super Member
They are putting it so far away so that heat from the earth doesn't interfere with the sensitive equipment on board the Webb.
It looks deep in to the infrared, so all forms of heat would show up on the pictures it will take as light.
So putting the Webb near the earth would be sort of like using a normal telescope here on earth during day time, the earth would shine like the sun.
Edit: this came out weird, if I didn't make sense I can re formulate.
It looks deep in to the infrared, so all forms of heat would show up on the pictures it will take as light.
So putting the Webb near the earth would be sort of like using a normal telescope here on earth during day time, the earth would shine like the sun.
Edit: this came out weird, if I didn't make sense I can re formulate.
Last edited: