• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Where to buy specific vintage parts / suitable replacements?

Codi

New Member
Hello!

I have a Realistic STA-2100 that I recently acquired from a relative. I plugged it in and it powers on but it started smoking out of the rear :(

I THINK I have identified the part as: C1502 47u 10V EL 647-UPS1A470MDD

Attached is a picture as well, I believe it is the white rectangle resistor that I need. I am either looking for the exact part or something newer. IS it possible to find this specific part or should I broaden the search and replace the whole relay board? I'm a newbie to repairs and vintage audio so any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2530.jpg
    IMG_2530.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 26
Register to hide this ad
if it was smoking at all, let alone out the rear, it needs a lot more than a cap. its fixable.
 
Back
Top Bottom