• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Which 12" Tonearm?

12" arms are much less common, so retail prices tend to be a bit crazy. But then this also works in the opposite direction when it comes to the used market. Pay attention to effective mass, some 12" arms are really up there. I was seriously considering a new Jelco, that is until this one popped up on local audiomart. Talk about a no brainer!

View attachment 1364811
What are the dimensions of your plinth? Thx.
 
Thank u. Did some trig last night and a 10" arm fits well. Decisions, decisions..........

Listen to the pig...

ss5rcTJ.gif


Oh and give me all your truffles....

Cheers
Mister Pig
 
When you say 10" are we talking spindle to pivot or effective length? I'm never sure as both seem to get thrown out there.

I was momentarily hypnotized by Mr Pig.

Have recently come across several I'm doing a DP80 build lately. I wonder how did they all end up in NA given associated 100v spec?

Edit: I would add let alone survive until now.
 
Last edited:
Co
I was momentarily hypnotized by Mr Pig.

Have recently come across several I'm doing a DP80 build lately. I wonder how did they all end up in NA given associated 100v spec?

Edit: I would add let alone survive until now.
Considering how few have been seen over the years it seems that they are just starting to come out of the woodwork. I suspect that a few of us posting about them have had a little effect on that...
 
Last edited:
Have decided to go with the Dutch-built Groovemaster II. Am reading a history of WW2 and not feeling much sympathy for more Japanese gear at the moment.
 
Have decided to go with the Dutch-built Groovemaster II. Am reading a history of WW2 and not feeling much sympathy for more Japanese gear at the moment.

Congrats! I hope you will follow up with a report of what you think of the Groovemaster in particular with the variety of cartridges you currently own.


If you go with the Jelco for a couple hundred more you can add a micrometer VTA adjuster to it that has the Ammonite base built in. You will have a sweet arm for under <1000. View attachment 1364696 View attachment 1364697

I have ordered one of these for my SA-750E. Do you like yours? My only concern is the two pins that guide the vertical movement might interfere with my Jelco tonearm cable's DIN connector. It has a collar/stop that might get in the way.
 
Congrats! I hope you will follow up with a report of what you think of the Groovemaster in particular with the variety of cartridges you currently own.




I have ordered one of these for my SA-750E. Do you like yours? My only concern is the two pins that guide the vertical movement might interfere with my Jelco tonearm cable's DIN connector. It has a collar/stop that might get in the way.
I haven't used it yet. Been working on my room but the next thing up is installing a 12" Jelco with the VTA adjuster on Thor.
 
Congrats! I hope you will follow up with a report of what you think of the Groovemaster in particular with the variety of cartridges you currently own.
Well............. perhaps I spoke too soon. Have since found a new Ortofon TA-210, which one Ortofon dealer told me was no longer available. Now has become a toss-up between it and the Groovemaster. Once add all the necessary bits & pieces are added to the Groovemaster they are both pretty much in the same ballpark, $-wise. Will talk with the sellers this week and place the order for one.
 
I was momentarily hypnotized by Mr Pig.

Have recently come across several I'm doing a DP80 build lately. I wonder how did they all end up in NA given associated 100v spec?

Edit: I would add let alone survive until now.

Up till Yahoo Japan started to have agents of purchase for non Japanese users, there were few buyers from outside of Japan.

After that, lots of NA buyers and more and more Europeans too. :biggrin:
 
Back
Top Bottom