• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Which SS Integrated Amp, modern or vintage?

How about a Yamaha A-S501SL Natural Sound Integrated Stereo Amplifier (Silver). I have one of these that I think sounds pretty good (I really like the Variable Loudness control. These are $549 new and 85WPC. Search AK for discussion.
 
Guys, thanks for all your great suggestions. I live in Puerto Rico and finding a good electronics technician is becoming a pain in the a$$. Prior to trading had the McIntosh MX-113 Pre serviced by the best tecnician in the island, Lamda Audio, but he is so full of work that he is lacking in taking care of details, he just fixes what you tell him the issue is and is not inspecting the whole unit as to verify for other issues. Right now I am taking to him the MX-113 to be cleaned and to have a channel checked. It is making scratching sounds, and even though I'm pretty sure it is a cleaning issue (deoxit) there might be something else that he would have caught if he checked the unit in general. I told the new owner of the MX-113 that I would take care of that. Tube amps, specially point to point, I can repair with my cousin's guidance, but SS is another thing.

So, after loosing a bid for a Creek 5350 SE modified by Hot Rod Audio, I decided to go the new route. I checked NAD 3045, Denon PMA-800NE, Rotel A11 Tribute, and Arcam SA-10. Finally, I decided, as always, to stretch my budget (got a good financing deal of 6 months to pay without interests) and pulled the trigger on the Arcam SA-10.
 
Guys, thanks for all your great suggestions. I live in Puerto Rico and finding a good electronics technician is becoming a pain in the a$$. Prior to trading had the McIntosh MX-113 Pre serviced by the best tecnician in the island, Lamda Audio, but he is so full of work that he is lacking in taking care of details, he just fixes what you tell him the issue is and is not inspecting the whole unit as to verify for other issues. Right now I am taking to him the MX-113 to be cleaned and to have a channel checked. It is making scratching sounds, and even though I'm pretty sure it is a cleaning issue (deoxit) there might be something else that he would have caught if he checked the unit in general. I told the new owner of the MX-113 that I would take care of that. Tube amps, specially point to point, I can repair with my cousin's guidance, but SS is another thing.

So, after loosing a bid for a Creek 5350 SE modified by Hot Rod Audio, I decided to go the new route. I checked NAD 3045, Denon PMA-800NE, Rotel A11 Tribute, and Arcam SA-10. Finally, I decided, as always, to stretch my budget (got a good financing deal of 6 months to pay without interests) and pulled the trigger on the Arcam SA-10.

Congratulations!
Please let us know how you like the Arcam!
 
Congratulations!
Please let us know how you like the Arcam!

Yes, once it has been used a few times I will let you guys know. I bought from one of the largest online dealers for audio and video. I was approved for Sony Financial Card which offers 6 months to pay without interests, plus the retailer has always offered free 3-day shipping to Puerto Rico, so it was basically a no brainer. I have to say that the Denon PMA-800NE looks very good, but I've always had a soft spot and ear for British made audio products.
 
Back
Top Bottom