• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Which Yamaha Speakers?

I have some NS-344's and NS-200M's here, the 200M's are well regarded here on AK but l haven't had a chance to listen to mine yet, hopefully l will get time soon and let you know of my impressions.
 
Right now I have NS-670's and I'm looking to expand...

Looking at mainly Yamaha
I want something in the range of 6-8 Ohms
I want 3 way speakers
I want the potentiometers for mids and highs
Probably somewhere up to 150 input watts lower is no issue
I probably missed some obvious models below, but that is the basic criteria in what i am looking for, what models does the AK community think I should maybe look into? Here is what I have looked at and you guys can recommend what models you think are the best. I am open to models other than the ones below, that is just some I am possibly interested in. Thanks in advance! :)
I know, NS-1000's are great, but I cant spend $2000-$5000
I have looked at more NS-670's, NS-690's in the original, MkII, and MkIII NS-590 NS-890 NS-500M
NS-655 NS-200M NS-2000 and NS-600
I have NS890s. Vocals, harmonica, violins, certain stringed instruments sound impressive, bass is present but no slam. It would seem an odd pairing, but I play them simultaneously with my Klipsch Chorus II. Each speaker fills in the gap of the other, so I get the best of both worlds; full, crisp, sparkling, slightly warm, but very clean. Horns, electric & acoustic guitar stand out on Klipsch and all the deep, powerful and clean bass you could ask for. I power them with an unattractive but awesomely exceptional Luxman R-117 receiver.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1058.jpeg
    IMG_1058.jpeg
    109.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1057.jpeg
    IMG_1057.jpeg
    107.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1056.jpeg
    IMG_1056.jpeg
    140.4 KB · Views: 12
Back
Top Bottom