• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

White van scammers make me sick!

StarMover

AlienToAllThingsAudio
I was just for fun checking out the latest white van scams on ebay. Ran across this guy.

Take a look at his feedback! It reads like some sort of phycho-killer manifesto. :sigh: "Not my fault" "I'm tired of undeserved negatives". "Will give negative in return for underserved negative". "Buyer is trying to scam me" You can tell my the sheer number of mutually withdrawn negatives that he's blackmailing buyers. He even replies to positive feedbacks with threats!

Anyone that would buy from this guy (or sellers like him), get what they deserve! :yes:

I don't mean for this to be an ebay rant thread. I just don't understand why anyone would buy something from a seller like this. I'm sure there are many others like him out there. So why do people get sucked in by this pitch despite the terribly bad feedback? Perhaps it is the spell of the 'new kabuki'.
 
Register to hide this ad
Ebay auction said:
new-dymium
He can't spell the description properly...a tad unnerving for a $300 item. I seriously doubt that they have "new-dymium" magnets though.

There's an awful lot of "nice item" feedbacks too, which is a bit scary.
 
That just shows you how careful you have to be with eBay feedback. If this gangster manages to have over 98% positive, it suggests that anybody who isn't 99.8% positive is highly suspicious!
 
Yeah, it just goes to show you that you can't take the rating for granted. You've got to look at the actual feedback going back for several months. Eventually it reveals a pattern as in this case.
 
C'mon guys, he's a holiest of all grails ebay power seller.

Imagine, silver AND platinum heat resistant wiring. Isn't ALL wiring heat resistant to a degree?

Featured in well known magazines around the world! .................. so aren't Coke and Pepsi.

They should get an award for "profoundly meaningless statements".
 
The funny thing is that this sort of behavior is actually rewarded by ebay! To allow someone to blackmail innocent buyers with threats of negative feedback should not be tolerated. Ebay should start reporting the number of mutual feedback retractions.
 
eBay wanted that when they started the mutual removal system a couple years ago. It's just a big scam on their part, previously no one had a reason to leave an undeserved feedback other than spite. They changed it to give people a practical reason for extortion. I assume it had something to do with keeping buyers from going after questionable sellers, but it also allowed crazy buyers to jerk with good sellers.
 
when it comes to ebay, I've found that if you deal in sh*t, you tend to step in it every now and then.
 
Still, the guy's got 773 positive feedback instances from people who bought his stuff. So assuming that he sells crap, that just tells me that there are a lot of fools out there looking to get rid of their money.:scratch2:
 
"Combining the latest technologies ...new-dymium magnets". Hey, those are the "healing" magnets featured here: http://www.squidoo.com/edymium

Now, you may knock his sleazy product and sales approach- but NO ONE can dispute the power of magnetic healing! :nono:

Simply strap 2 ferro-fluid cooled tweeters on each side of your head- pow! your headache is gone! :yes:
 
Why would ANYBODY buy a product from someone that also sells a product known as "Auction Thief"?

Also have to wonder about anybody that bought his white van crap and says they are pleased! They must be looking at the speakers instead of listening to them!

Caveat emptor.
 
I just don't understand why anyone would buy something from a seller like this. I'm sure there are many others like him out there. So why do people get sucked in by this pitch despite the terribly bad feedback? Perhaps it is the spell of the 'new kabuki'.

That's easy to understand. The same thing that makes the seller do what he's doing: AVARICE

Lot of that **** going around as of late, take a look at BOTH sides of the housing market, to give but one example.

Tired topic.

Craig
 
Watching this sort of ebay seller is so fascinating...it's like rubbernecking a traffic accident.

People who buy stuff that is way overpriced are often more satisfied, thinking they have a purchased a product of high quality at a steal. It's just human nature.

This seller seems very clever. He keeps his prices within range of a portion of someones paycheck.

Hey, compared to the BPC they had, this stuff probably sounds like high-end gear! It's sad, but as long as they're all happy.....

It helps keep prices down on the really good vintage stuff, and it diverts the 'unknowing' :yes:.

Just my take...

Rick
 
Just a quick reminder, thread craps and rants will be deleted, and a few comments are getting close.

Why would ANYBODY buy a product from someone that also sells a product known as "Auction Thief"?

Also have to wonder about anybody that bought his white van crap and says they are pleased! They must be looking at the speakers instead of listening to them!

Caveat emptor.

This pretty much sums it up. If you wouldn't buy these speakers from somebody in a parking lot, why would you buy them from somebody on eBay? Much less from somebody who also sells a product called "Auction Thief"?

Not long ago I noticed an auction where the item was dramatically misrepresented. It wasn't an audio item, it was an English sports car. (An MGA, actually). I've judged these in car shows in the past, so I'm pretty knowledgeable about different models, etc., so I emailed the seller and told him that his car was NOT the rare model he was representing it as, but simply a car that had had the engine swapped. He promised to correct the ad, but never did, so I reported it to eBay.

Believe it or not, I got a prompt response from eBay, and they informed me that it was not their responsibility to police every statement made by a seller, but that it was the buyer's responsibility to be knowledgeable about the items they were buying.

At first I was annoyed, but the more I thought about it, the more I realized that they were 100% correct. If you buy something through a classified ad in the newspaper, and it turns out to not be what the seller said it was, is the newspaper responsible for your foolishness?

Nope.

Do your homework.
 
Why would ANYBODY buy a product from someone that also sells a product known as "Auction Thief"?

Also have to wonder about anybody that bought his white van crap and says they are pleased! They must be looking at the speakers instead of listening to them!

Caveat emptor.

Most people buy speakers with their eyes and their greed which is why there is a market for such trash :sigh:
 
Back
Top Bottom