• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

White van speakers? Or legit? ($35, Bay Shore, NY)

Register to hide this ad
Maybe I'm gullible, and it is hard to gauge quality from pictures, but my first thought was they look like Paradigms.
 
For $35 why not. If they suck you can easily get your money back. The cabinets alone should be worth $35. Maybe they look like shite in person...
 
I don't know about you, but I try real hard not to by speakers WORTH only $35 so if it were me I'd pass unless I could confirm they were a steal.
 
Funny thing...I grew up in Bay Shore and my father actually bought a pair of speakers there in a parking lot from the back of a white van! This is going back 35 to 40 years. At the time he thought he'd gotten a real deal. My mother still has them. Needless to say they don't sound stellar, but they still work.
 
I have a pair of white van speakers second hand. In a tv room for background. Look like quality cabinets. Sound servicable. Bi-amp wired, 2- 6 1/2" woofs.
 
Hard to tell from the photo and lack of manufacturer info. Since you are not interested, it doesn't matter. If you were interested could ask for a photo of the back and/or a brand name. See if they are Paradigm or Paradyme...
 
You guys may have missed it or the listing was updated with a second photo, these are Pyle Pro PHTS89s. Retail price $145-$300 and they both have 8 inch subwoofers in the side. Kinda blah IMO. But they aren't white vans. They claim to be 200W
 
Same thing as white van, in my mind. Have to agree with nyhifihead above. Watt ratings, especially claimed ratings, mean next to nothing as far as speaker quality is concerned.
 
Hope not hijacking thread. These were whiite vans. I did not buy them. Given to me. They displaced some small JBL's for casual use. Cabinets quite heavy.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20160620_090407.jpg
    IMG_20160620_090407.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20160620_090446.jpg
    IMG_20160620_090446.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 44
pyle may as well be white van. whenever i see pyle i always say in my head, or aloud, "...of ****"
I have actually seen lead in cabinets of WVS, to make them seem heavier. Heavier DOES NOT MEAN BETTER, just leads to hernias. What you want is a stiff cabinet.
True test Is how they sound. These aren't ADS's or Canton's, but if metel tweeter is toned back a notch they are fine for listening while reading. A lesser member of another hoarders herd
 
I have seen all sorts of speakers similar to that on my local CL.

Usually $20-100 each.

Probably white van :o

Might be interesting to tear them apart and see how they are built.
 
Interesting that the seller thinks they're worth $5 more (he changed the listing price to $40) now that he's posted the label.
 
Back
Top Bottom