• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Who drives their cans with tubes?

I'll play!!!
Mapletree Audio Design EAR+ HD Super II amp w/2 Gold Lion EL84s and 2 12AX7 Amperex Bugle Boys. Headphones used are Audeze LCD-2 Rev1, Grado RS1i & Beyerdynamic T1 Tesla.
 
bhCJBl.jpg
 
My tube setup is a Millett Max Hybrid Amp into Beyer DT770/600s or AKG K340s or AKG K271 Studios. They are all good in their own way! :music:
 
I drive my Grado sr325is and Fostex T50rp (modded) with a Woo WA6--very nice. I didn't care for the Woo with my K702s. I'm currently using an O2 for those.
 
I recently resurrected my hybrid (hybrid is as far as I go with tube gear) SS/Tube Head-Direct EF1 after over a year of non-use to switch up with my pure SS Matrix M-Stage (according to mood/material). Currently using a NOS Tung Sol 12AU7.

scale.jpg


Great review and pics can be found here (this is the last page, the conclusion page):

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Head-Direct/EF1/5.html

PS: This model was "upgraded" to the EF5 which, afaik, is little to no different besides having a silly plastic tube holder on top which makes it hard to roll tubes and many quickly removed. If you can find a used EF1 it is a bargain. (Glad I never bothered to sell mine!).
 
Back
Top Bottom