• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

who in the heck would buy this??????????

Register to hide this ad
That's pretty frickin' cool.

When the closed Astroworld here in Houston, they sold off all the stuff (albeit, not on ebay). You can find bits around town now and then.
 
I like it. It's something from my childhood.

Back when roller coasters were not as high or as fast, but you got the thrill of knowing you could actually die.
 
Just imagine, having your very own rollercoaster in your back yard. How cool would that be? If funds allowed I'd buy it!
 
Who the hell is incapable of properly spelling the name of their own state?

Other than that, owning your own roller coaster is kinda cool. Just wait till some 12 year-old wins the lottery.
 
How long would it take to get that $150k back by selling rollercoaster tickets to the neighborhood kids? Like 30 years?

Thats an investment right there
 
This would be SO cool. I LOVE roller coasters. HMMM... Lets see... :scratch2:

Well CRUD... I measured my back yard and there's just no way to make it fit. I guess I'm going to have to pass. ;)
 
When I was a youngster, Elitch Gardens in Denver moved their hundred-year-old amusement park from Wheatridge to Denver downtown, and yes, they did move the roller coasters as I recall. So it *can* be done.

I'm a little disturbed at the NAME of that one, though...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zyklon_B
 
Michael Jackson might have bought it, when he was still alive...

Some Chinese might buy it, if they thought they'd make money setting it up in their home town...

Some eccentric rich person might buy it, just because "it's cool to have one in the back yard."

Some low-budget amusement park might buy it, just to add another attraction.

If no one buys it for use, then a scrap dealer would buy it (on a per-pound basis) for recycling.
 
The Ferris Wheel for $43K is pretty tempting and fits into two trailers. :scratch2:
Its name is a little ominous too. Skydiver?
Says it needs a little TLC, I'm thinking a shot of "Amusement Grade" De-Oxit and you're good to go.:smoke:
 
Lets all chip in and buy it. :yes: AK has 111,000 members... at $2 apiece we could buy it and have dollars left over to power the thing for few free rides. :D
 
Back
Top Bottom