• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Who is still using tapes ??

DVjorge

Active Member
Four 3 head stereo cassette decks are in my house, 3 are Nakamichi and I don't know what to do with them. I have paid a few dollars for them in GoodWill. I would like to know if some of you guys still have some cassette deck hooked up to your system ??
Thanks.
 
Register to hide this ad
I have a Nakamichi, Pioneer and JVC all hooked up on different systems. Every once in a while I pop in one of my old tapes and enjoy them.
 
Pioneers 909,707 rtrs, Onkyo,Denon cassettes. I just came across a handful of sealed TDK MA-XG blanks last week and don't know whether to use them or peddle them. Since they are metal and out of manufacture, they are difficult to find.
 
Not much with cassettes. Still use the R2R and even an 8 track from time to time. Still, CDs and MP3s rule the day.
 
Wao !!! Incredible how many people still have the decks alive. I thought nobody could use them these times.
 
Sure do! I use a JVC TD-W106, Technics RS-TR155, Sony TC-KE500S, and a pair of portable Sony CFM-165TWs (used for NOAA weather radio).

Now the question is...I bought about 30 packs of 1970s/1980s Certron 3-packs in bulk lot a while ago...what do I do with all of them?! :(
 
...I would like to know if some of you guys still have some cassette deck hooked up to your system ??
Thanks.

Haven't used a cassette in about 10 years, but reel to reel gets used regularly around here and every system has an open reel deck hooked up and in service (plus a bunch of spare machines around here too).
 
Sony TC WR465 dual deck

I have a Pioneer dual I keep as a spare.

I still buy cassettes from time to time, mostly at thrift shops.

I just recently got back into Reel-to-reel,

I've never had 8-tracks.
 
I have a Tascam in service for dubbing (primarily) old church sermons when someone requests one. I don't use it for daily listening at all. The church only went digital about five years ago.
 
I have a Nakamichi CD1 Cassette Deck 1 ( that I bought new ) that is still hooked up but I don't use too much , maybe once a year or so . I used Maxell tapes and the ones I have from the early 80's still work .
 
I still have a Luxman K-112 3-head deck in the main system. I can make a pretty nice digital recording from it.
 
I use an Aiwa F770 and F660 3-head deck, JVC KD-A7 2-head deck, Onkyo TA2058 3-head deck, Pioneer CT-5R 6-cassette changer and a Sherwood SR289 double auto reverse deck. I also have a Zenith CV 670 auto reverse.

I have 500+ tapes that are music tapes, mix tapes, prerecorded tapes, books on tape, old time radio shows, interviews with famous people on the radio. The oldest tapes I have being over 30+ years old. They still play well. Transferring them to a digital medium would be too time consuming.
 
Back
Top Bottom