• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Who still listens to vinyl?

I remember when Cd's were first introduced they made fantastic claims about them:

Indestructible

Perfect Sound

Huge Dynamic Range

etc etc

They got people in because most people were still using 3 in 1's with the old auto changers. And compared to low end turntables they probably did sound alright.
 
It went away for me (and lots of other people too). I only got back into it because I was looking for an artist whose complete work never made it to CD. It was only through this experience that I realized how much fun vinyl is.

I guess I'm not too bright either.:tears:

Same here. When I was in college and grad school, I didn't have the funds or space to mess with vinyl. Once I got out and had a job, I started back in to play some stuff I had that had never been released on CD. It was all downhill from there...
 
Since I've joined AK (have to blame it on something) my original collection of 700 albums have grown to over 16,000 - and it's still growing. Once I get them all moved to one location then I can start sorting and weeding them out!

And I've gone from 1 turntable to over 40. :thmbsp:
 
Around 1985 I went all cd because I was duped into hearing how good it sounded. Every since I've slowly went back vinyl....
 
You know that CNN is only going to show young hiptsters who are holding a copy of Abbey Road or The Dark Side of the Moon.

*edit* Perhaps I should check out the site prior to making comments.:nono:
I put my two cents in.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom