• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Why are us "cable believers" made to defend our position so often?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarcasm is the language of ****ing assholes that are trying to squeek in under the fence.

Sarcasm is a poorly aimed fart. It just stinks up the room without shitting on someone.

Sarcasm is being afraid to say something.

Sarcasm is for cowards.

This is entirely uncalled for. If you have an issue with the way somebody is interacting on the big ol' internet, take it offline. While this thread may or may not have run its course, we are not talking about anything worth raising one's blood pressure over. And some people are (were?) having fun here as it meanders onward. If an internet bully bugs- just remember, what does it really say about a person when their point of assumed power revolves around a freakin' stereo?
 
JohnVF,

Point taken. Thanks.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be an asshole- I've closed enough threads with my own temper boiling over. It's how most cable threads end, somebody just snaps. I think that it is partially because we are talking about something with such little consequence that the ridiculousness just bursts at some point. I have an easier time keeping my cool when talking about world events than I do with speaker cables, because I can't fathom somebody thinking they have such a say over the most inconsequential part of my existence. Cheers!
 
◦Lawyer: "Doctor, before you performed the autopsy, did you check for a pulse?"
◦Witness: "No."
◦Lawyer: "Did you check for blood pressure?"
◦Witness: "No."
◦Lawyer: "Did you check for breathing?"
◦Witness: "No."
◦Lawyer: "So, then it is possible that the patient was alive when you began the autopsy?"
◦Witness: "No."
◦Lawyer: "How can you be so sure, Doctor?"
◦Witness: "Because his brain was sitting on my desk in a jar."
◦Lawyer: "But could the patient have still been alive nevertheless?"
◦Witness: "Yes, it is possible that he could have been alive and practicing law somewhere."


:D



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Great to see people backing off with a sense of humor.

Yeah, we all have our buttons. Nothing wrong with that. Just recognize the tactics to press them and respond if really desired.

As far as why -- I think it's been demonstrated and cited in various posts here: ego, human nature, personality, gamesmanship, etc. Both sides, so don't think I am singling any body out.

In fact, this thread has been derailed to just to re-argue the cable issue instead of focusing on motivation. But some good science, theory and facts and experience have resulted in spite of it.

There will be no meetings of the mind as far as the cable issue itself.

In reality as House de Kris, says, we don't really have to fall for their bait and misdirection. This is TOL with specific guidelines for civil sharing of experience. Everything else is defensive and offensive posturing.

The burden of proof is theirs if they are trying to prove one side is wrong, not ours.

As long as we are happy with our experience and allow them to have their experience, there is nothing to prove.

I like my Snake Oil with a twist of lime and topped and garnished with coca leaf and a paper umbrella.

Oh, and also keep a sense of humor.
Nothing says victim like taking it all too seriously. :D
 
Why are us "cable believers" made to defend our position so often?

Since this thread has turned a little ugly, I guess it's about time you heard the real reason for your dilemma.

There are children in Upchuckistan who must go to bed at night having only heard their Roger Whitaker album, played on their Yorx turntable, through a Soundesign amp and Bose speakers!!! Life has dealt them this horrible existence, and all some care about is whether or not their dollar three ninety eight friggin' cables sound better with or without the fur lined douche bag connectors!

I think it's time for some compassion here for those less fortunate. No need to rub it in their face.

I could be wrong, though.:D

PS Do chickens get implants?:scratch2:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom