• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Will Ford's New-Look 2015 Mustang Top the Camaro?

frankxbe

Super Member
Banned
Will Ford's New-Look 2015 Mustang Top the Camaro?

Ford's (NYSE: F ) Mustang and General Motors' (NYSE: GM ) Camaro have been engaged in an epic muscle-car battle throughout much of the past five decades. The line has been drawn in the sand, and you're either a Ford guy or Chevy guy, no gray area. The rivalry is as strong as the MLB's Yankees vs. Red Sox or the NFL's Cowboys vs. Redskins. The Mustang came to market first in 1964 and enjoyed much success over its rival Camaro, which came out a few years later, and it continued to dominate the sales title for 31 of the 42 years in which both iconic muscle cars were both produced.

That trend has reversed in the past few years. Can Ford's next-generation Mustang bring it back to the top?
read more http://www.fool.com/investing/gener...rds-new-look-2015-mustang-top-the-camaro.aspx

Just an artists rendering and may or may not accurately illustrate the 2015 mustang .
 
Register to hide this ad
The front end looks a lot like the new Mazda 6 (in my driveway, BTW) as well as the new Fusion (this is intended as high praise).

mazda6top11.jpg


IMO, that's the first good looking Mustang since 1965. Same goes for the Camaro, BTW. Along with the Challenger, they're all built for suburban males in the throes of a midlife crisis.
 
I kinda like it...It will have independent rear suspension...I am not sure how the current interior will match the exterior.
 
I thought the '05 Mustang was the best design Ford had come up with in decades. The '10 update basically ruined that, so I'm glad to see a ground-up redesign, even if it's a step away from the "retro" styling I favor.

Still, the '15 looks pretty bland.

The Challenger is okay until you look at the ass-end (insert crude joke here).

The Camaro is an abomination that looks designed for the Transformers tie-in, and I'm doubly sour about it because it's far more car for the money than its competitors.

Lucky for the Big Three, I'll never be in a financial position to let my wallet do the talking. :D
 
Not real fond of the Camaro styling at all but ugly .

I'm usually a Chevy /GMC guy in fact I drive an 06 GMC .
Not too fond of the 014 Chev/GMC truck re desighn actually the 2013 Silvarado isn't bad at all
I probably should get one but the 06 is doing fine at 50K still drives as new .
If I were at high mileage I would definitely do that so I wouldn't have to get a 2014.
I've seriously thought about it but can't justify it.


I drove an 2013 camaro recently handles very well and went like a scalded dog
way better than my Z28 ever handled, cheap interior though whole car sure was ugly .
2005 2009 and even the 2010-13 Mustangs are not bad looking .
Challenger looks pretty good tail lights and all .

A refresh of the Camaro soon probably wouldn't hurt . I think that is coming in 2015.
Hopefully Chevy will find better designers most of the good ones seem to be hanging out
at Cadillac,BMW and VW/Porsche/ Audi these days .
 
Last edited:
Probably the most forward Mustang design ever. Upon release, I always felt the new Mustang designs were a bit antiquated by a few years each time a new generation was released. The '05 was a bit of an exception since they were going for their first deliberately retro look. Ha.

Looks great.
 
I'm with Ed, but mine's a '93 Mustang LX.

The retro '05 - '09 was good if not perfect in my eyes. '10 to present was a change, not an improvement.

The '11 5.0 engine was the best shot in the ass for Mustang since the '68 428 CJ.

I like the looks of the conceptions and spy shots I've seen of the new car. I just wish they could slim it back down to 3000 pounds.
 
Looks like a Fusion got in the sack with a Hyundai Genesis. Not ugly by any means, but the style will still have to grow on me.
 
Honestly, I think the new Mustang as in the photo, is UGLY! The current Mustang is good-looking, but the current Camaro is my favorite retro-muscle car. For accuracy of rendering in the original lines, I say hands-down, it's the Challenger. Not my cup of tea, but VERY accurate; body line for body line. The Camaro is less accurate, but is VERY nicely proportioned, and I like the interior architecture for it's retro accuracy.

To be clear, the 2015 Mustang looks like a '70 240z with a fiberglass Ferrari body kit on way too many steroids, and with some math errors on the drafting table...

Charles
 
From what I've read, the 215 Mustang will be at least as big of a departure as the "Eleanore" '73 model was to the '74 Mustang 2. Its gonna be built on a Ford "World Car" platform, so it will likely be sold anywhere Ford has a presence. Mustangs have ALWAYS been popular in England, but since they've never really been officially imported there, getting one was difficult & expensive, not to mention having one converted to RHD.
 
The Challenger reboot is, of the three retro-pony-cars, probably the one that looks the most like its original forebear. I always liked the Challenger (and its cousin, the 'cuda) - FWIW.
 
The Challenger reboot is, of the three retro-pony-cars, probably the one that looks the most like its original forebear. I always liked the Challenger (and its cousin, the 'cuda) - FWIW.

Love the Challenger and the newer retro Mustang bodies, great looking cars, but they nailed it with the Challenger. I do like the new Camaro too, but its "chiseled out of stone" look doesnt appeal to everybody.
 
Looks more like a modified Taurus. I hope this isn't the new Mustang. About due for one - the '06 is showing it's age.
 
Back
Top Bottom