• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Will Ford's New-Look 2015 Mustang Top the Camaro?

Well, the problem is all three need to be sold in Europe and Asia. they all are pigs right now (read that as too heavy to handle well). They could all lose about 500-100[0] lbs of weight to make them more nimble and better handling cars. Then you wouldn't have to have such a huge engine to move all that mass around.

Mrs. H rented the current style Mustang a couple of years ago; we were both surprised at how uncomfortable it was inside and how chintzy the interior (specifically the dashboard) looked. It definitely felt pretty ponderous on the road, too. I realize full well that a rental-fleet Mustang isn't exactly a Shelby Cobra whatever... but still...
 
Kinda looks pretty much the same as the current one with kinda fat fenders. Am I the only one that has nearly zero interest in this, the Camaro and Challenger?

Murray
 
Mrs. H rented the current style Mustang a couple of years ago; we were both surprised at how uncomfortable it was inside and how chintzy the interior (specifically the dashboard) looked. It definitely felt pretty ponderous on the road, too. I realize full well that a rental-fleet Mustang isn't exactly a Shelby Cobra whatever... but still...

I have a buddy with an '07 that he wrenched a little (added supercharger to the V8 and a couple other tweaks). It dyno'd out at 509hp. Ponderous is not the word I would use after driving it. At first I was driving it like it was a friend's valued car and after a few minutes he gave me a funny look and said "are you gonna drive or not?" :D

Of course that's not a stock model but I love to tell the story.

On topic: I like the current look as I have a thing for Eleanor. The new one (as shown here) looks kind of Aston Martin-y and kind of Jaguar-y to me. Both of which were owned by Ford not so long ago. :scratch2:
 
Last edited:
About a month ago someone rear ended my 2000 T/A. It was in the shop for about four days and Enterprise gave me a 2013 Mustang convertible (V6). I was impressed with the fit and finish and solid nature of the car, they have been learning from the Japanese. The engine was fine for 99% of the population, the handling was less than stellar. A little adventure on the parkway really showed the chinks in it's armor.
 
I have a buddy with an '07 that he wrenched a little (added supercharger to the V8 and a couple other tweaks). It dyno'd out at 509hp. Ponderous is not the word I would use after driving it. At first I was driving it like it was a friend's valued car and after a few minutes he gave me a funny look and said "are you gonna drive or not?" :D

Of course that's not a stock model but I love to tell the story.

Yeah, Ray... but that's like saying "My Klipsch Cornwalls sound pretty good with upgraded drivers, crossovers, wiring, terminals, added stuffing and cabinet modifications" ;-)

The Aston-Martin-esqueness of the current Ford house style smacked me right smack dab 'twixt the eyes (that there's gearhead talk!) when I first saw the current Fusion. I like it... but it might get old fairly fast if their whole line ends up lookin' more or less the same...
 
Yeah, Ray... but that's like saying "My Klipsch Cornwalls sound pretty good with upgraded drivers, crossovers, wiring, terminals, added stuffing and cabinet modifications" ;-)

The Aston-Martin-esqueness of the current Ford house style smacked me right smack dab 'twixt the eyes (that there's gearhead talk!) when I first saw the current Fusion. I like it... but it might get old fairly fast if their whole line ends up lookin' more or less the same...

That's not really that modified. You can get Mustangs from the factory with more horsepower than that.
 
Back
Top Bottom