• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Woman Thinks She Won $43M At Casino Stiffed

Register to hide this ad
It is a bummer.

But if a slot says a max payout of 6K, how would she think she got 42 million? Even a giant progressive pay out on a dollar machine aint going to pay that. And I doubt she was playing the big machines. And to hit a max payout she is going to have to fill the screen with whatever the wild icon is, she knows what spun up on her screen.

Regards
Mister Pig
 
Yeah, if that happened to me I wouldn't feel like I was *owed* anything... but damn the emotional roller coaster before reality kicks in!

Oh, wait, I don't play slots, so there's that. I will play blackjack occasionally, but only if I have enough money in my pocket to make it fun. If you show up light a bad run means you can be done for the night in just a few minutes.
 
I play slots quite a bit. I understand her huge dissapointment but to think she has a case is just silliy. Of course a Jurry is just made up of random people and you know how stupid random people are. Won't be hard to convince them the "big bad casino" cheated. I wish the story went on to explain more clearly but it counds like her actual win based on what the game landed on was only $2.25. Of course the entity she might have some success suing is the game maker due to the emotional distress caused by the bug in their game. Not that I agree, but it might be a better argument.
 
I just found the story amusing, and am not taking sides. I don't think she is entitled to $42.9M, but I think they could have done better than $2.25 and a free steak dinner. If I go to a casino in this neck of the woods, if I spend/lose a few bucks, I can basically drink for free and also get a free steak dinner as long as I still put money into the machines or on the tables.
 
Dirty thieves. Good thing the lady took a picture. The casino should be responsible for up to the posted max and should have an insurance policy that covers that liability. They should also post payout statistics of all their machines on their website (if they don't already). That way you can tell if a machine is "malfunctioning" the other way and ripping unsuspecting people off.
 
Dirty thieves. Good thing the lady took a picture. The casino should be responsible for up to the posted max and should have an insurance policy that covers that liability. They should also post payout statistics of all their machines on their website (if they don't already). That way you can tell if a machine is "malfunctioning" the other way and ripping unsuspecting people off.

A slot machine ripping unsuspecting people off?! I am laughing so hard my coffee went up my nose. A casino having an insurance policy for payout's? Oh my God, why would they need that on a penny slot? Publishing payout statistics? You mean people think a casino will pay out more than they take in? That the game is not slanted to the house? Sure Vegas and Atlantic City have to meet the gambling commission requirements, but they are on public land. Now an Indian Casino, which all of them are around here, are on tribal land, and its their own sovereign nation. They don't have to tell you anything.

And the kicker is this. The machine states right on it. ALL PAYOUTS ARE VOID IN EVENT OF A MALFUNCTION. You know this going in.

Regards
Mister Pig
 
The Federal Gaming Commision will say that a jackpot is a jackpot and that customers are not responsible for the errors committed by casinos...
 
The Federal Gaming Commision will say that a jackpot is a jackpot and that customers are not responsible for the errors committed by casinos...
Kinda like the disclaimer on the slot machine. I don't think most disclaimers are worth the paper they're written on.
 
Here in the great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (yes, we are not technically a state), pretty much every bar/club and lots of other businesses have "illegal" gambling machines--"poker machines" and "cherry master machines". They are technically illegal, but they are just part of the culture, but they all have stickers on them that state "FOR AMUSEMENT ONLY", so if the proprietor or vending company chooses not to pay you, there is no recourse. Local police tend to ignore them, since every little town, township, boro or whatever little local government is applicable has "amusement tax" permits--generally ranging from $500-$1K per year, per device. So every coin operated device (whether it be a jukebox, pool table, dart machine or illegal gambling device) generates revenue to pay the cops--so they tend to turn a "blind eye" to what is really going on--and trust me--we ALL know "the game". The only time that anyplace ever gets "busted" is after multiple complaints of someone getting paid/drunk, blowing their entire paycheck and not being able to pay the bills--and even then the establishment is usually warned in advance to get the machines out of the building before "the raid".
 
So every coin operated device (whether it be a jukebox, pool table, dart machine or illegal gambling device) generates revenue to pay the cops--so they tend to turn a "blind eye" to what is really going on--and trust me--we ALL know "the game"

"If you're lookin' to get silly, you better go back to from where you came
Because the cops don't need you, and man, they expect the same"

From Just like Tom Thumb's Blues..
 
Back
Top Bottom