• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Woman Thinks She Won $43M At Casino Stiffed

This figure of $42,949,672 has appeared in several other casino "malfunctions". It's like it's a known bug. Here's a case where it was the same digits but the units were Euros not dollars. This guy (in Austria - I f*cking get it) went to court and was awarded 1,000,000 (one million) Euros. So now he can buy his own steak dinners -

.
 
See,
And I thought only American legal system is screwed up. Now I feel better .
Again while I like spending a night playing poker with my friends ( though we haven't done it in years , geography , responsibilities )
Even if you got your head beat in , you spent night with your friends) for me I can dig a hole in the backyard and dump the money in it for as much as I enjoy casinos . Not a knock or being judgmental. if it floats your boat great!
I believe ( please remember started this thought with those words) You should know your odds of winning or losing ( at least have an idea) and if you're playing a machine what the max payout can be . (Maybe I'm crazy).
So , your playing game with a max payout of 6500 dollars. you hit for 43000000 million dollars on it . You expect that payout?
If you want to make the argument that machine is rigged. why would they right it to lose ,
If they were negligent on maintaining , maybe , they could be on the hook for the full 6500.
Honestly , I always thought they were rigged when they were mechanical. once they became computers all bets are off ( no pun intended). Now it's software. I have no idea how the industry is policed. I don't know what the precedents are. Like many things in our court system common sense doesn't necessarily prevail.
One last thought, if the casino was found to be doing something dishonest (illegal ) I still can't see where the player could be entitled to more than max payout. under these circumstances , In that case, I'd like to see stiff penalties levied on the casino where the proceeds would go towards policing the casino industry . Just so you know , I don't think that happens.:D
 
A computer is a deterministic system. Even random numbers are pseudo-random. If they know about this $42,949,672 bug then they should calculate the probability of it happening - then factor that into their algorithms - and pay out the $6500 when it hits $42,949,672. They don't even have to calculate it - they can just run the machines in test mode for a week - do a bazillion electronic bets in the background - then count how many times the win was $42,949,672.
 
Lame is right, but here is why I think they did it. To do more than this paltry offering in any way would be to admit legal responsibility, and if this were to get to a court with a jury then all bets would be off, (with all due pun intended) on them losing the case and having to make good perhaps on the 43M which is a pretty high stake for a nickel slot. This is their way of nipping this in the bud by standing firmly by whatever jargon is said on the side of their machines.. We take no responsibility....

Actually, they'd probably have been better off just offering up the $6500 max payout on the machine. Because if it DOES go to a jury THEN "all bets are off", and they likely wouldn't have been splattered all over the internet and TV news in a negative spotlight. I can guarantee you that they have already lost more than $6500 in revenue due to the publicity, and juries are typically made up of "the common man/woman" (millionaires and billionaires can always find a way out of jury duty), and the "common people" don't like to see/perceive another "common person" being ripped-off by a multi-million/billion enterprise that is in the business of ripping people off to start with. They should have just offered up the $6500 and cut their losses--unless they are really into paying out far more in legal fees, revenue losses and a potential settlement by jury far in excess of $6500.
 
A perfect idiot would be the only one thinking they won against the house.

NOBODY WINS AGAINST THE HOUSE!!!!!!!
 
I play slots quite a bit. I understand her huge dissapointment but to think she has a case is just silliy. Of course a Jurry is just made up of random people and you know how stupid random people are. Won't be hard to convince them the "big bad casino" cheated. I wish the story went on to explain more clearly but it counds like her actual win based on what the game landed on was only $2.25. Of course the entity she might have some success suing is the game maker due to the emotional distress caused by the bug in their game. Not that I agree, but it might be a better argument. For anyone still playing online, I’d also make sure the platform has a solid reputation and clear rules around game results. I’ve seen people mention https://mostbet.net.in/ when discussing online casino options, but I’d still check the terms and payout conditions before depositing. That kind of transparency matters more than chasing a big win.
I can see the argument, but I think the important distinction is between an actual win and a malfunction that displayed an incorrect result. If the game really landed on a $2.25 combination and then displayed some huge jackpot because of a software error, that's a very different situation from the machine legitimately awarding the jackpot.

That doesn't necessarily mean the player has no case, though. A confirmed game fault can affect the fairness of the game, and regulators can require the operator to investigate and remedy faulty payouts.

I'd also be careful about blaming the manufacturer automatically. Depending on where the casino is located, the operator, game provider, and regulator can all have different responsibilities. The first question I'd want answered is what the machine's actual game result and paytable said, and what the casino's rules say about malfunctions.

The emotional-distress argument seems much harder to establish than simply proving what the machine actually did. If the advertised result was genuinely caused by a bug, that's the part I'd focus on.
 
Last edited:
Welcome to AK, @fischen2026! That's a heck of a first post.

Your viewing environment will probably allow you to see the date of the last post in a thread, which in this case was about ten years prior to your addition. There are some who seem to find thread revivals annoying, but I'm not one of them. Level-headed discourse usually doesn't have a time limit, in my book.
 
Reads like an AI post in a 10 year old thread.

Not meaning to be argumentative, but can you explain a bit more about why you think so? I didn't smell any AI-ness. Am I just naive?

I know for sure that there ARE non-humans accessing AK for all sorts of reasons, and almost always not good reasons. But I hope the principle of "innocent until proven guilty" applies, especially to new members.
 
This event tells you everything you need to know about gambling. The takeaway: don't bother. Just give your money to the casino and go home.

Investing is a much better way to make money.
 
This event tells you everything you need to know about gambling. The takeaway: don't bother. Just give your money to the casino and go home.

Investing is a much better way to make money.

The younger sister of one of my best friends, was on a road trip with her friends- and IIRC, they stopped in western Mississippi to gas up and take a break.

The others were looking at something in a store- my friend's sister got bored, and walked into a casino across the street.

Decided for the sheer heck of it, to play one quarter in a slot machine.

Won $14000.00. Instantly.

She cashed out, took the money, and left immediately.

Paid the taxes on it, and put the rest in a savings account.

She was basically like "well, THIS will never happen again, better just take advantage of it, since it happened once".

Regards,
Gordon.
 
Back
Top Bottom