• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Wonder what this will go for??

Register to hide this ad
LOL. Mine wasnt a serious bid...only $150. I was just probing the reserve for kicks. I dont want one of these bad enough to pay what its gonna go for. Besides...all my serious bids get made in the last 30 seconds of the auction.

If it were a 600t then it would be a different story:)

My guess on the final price is $400-$450.
 
Last edited:
700t

EW go fot it thats the man.. Go for it I would
but thats me. GOOD LUCK. (Its only money after all):guitar: :guitar:
 
Last edited:
I realize Kenwood is THEE tuner manufacturer of the vintage era but this thing does nothing for me. I'd much rather have a Marantz with a scope ( if I wanted vintage) or a Magnum Dynalab if I was looking at a late model tuner. I know the old farts at the tuner information website practically drool over the 700t but I always get the impression most of those guys are in it for DX'ing not just pure listening enjoyment.

Mike
 
Well, I guess you have to appreciate the history of the Supreme Series and the engineering that went into making the amp, preamp, and tuner the best that Kenwood knew how (remember, these were designed circa 1973). Just the volume control on the 700C preamp would sell for a couple of Ben Franklin's if it could be bought today, as an example of the quality parts used.

And again, it would be awesome to own all three of the units. But this tuner...the least useful considering how bad FM sucks...will be the most expensive to procure if I decided I had to have it. Ironic....
 
Last edited:
EW
Just as a thought my rotel amp has a huge volume control that is not a pot but a huge black box made up in sections about 6 in all its huge. Fully detented and reads in Db's
and as the amp all the pots are the open type with loads of wires
hand solderd all the way though.
No cheap components in these I can tell yer
When I get my camara sorted I will put pics up on here.
 
Last edited:
speaking of supreme Kenwoods..

I'm looking for a nice example of a 500 600 or 650 Integrated amp. Wouldn't mind a minty KA-907 as well. Any sellers in the group of these items, please email me mburnste
@dmc.org

mburnste@dmc.org
thanks
Mark
 
Echo, if I had a 700c/m already I would be seriously considering how to win that auction, and what to sell to pay for it. I know its gonna be expensive but it very well might not be as bad as you think...mainly because Jim Rivers has not put up a shootout/review yet on this tuner (no doubt because of its rarity). If Jim ever gets around to doing a shootout with this tuner and it does at least as well as the 600t (which it likely will) the price will go through the roof. You know how rare these are.
 
Last edited:
EW
I have to second that as if I was in your position the tuner would be mine no matter what happend. You never know you may get a bargain. (And you know how rare these are) Personly I perver the kt-917 but thats me.
BUT I am now broke as to all the bits that I have got..
 
Easy to say when it's not your money :D

Yes, I'll be watching closely. It would be kick-ass to have the whole set, since I have drooled over them for 30 years. Still, I suspect the final price will be insane.
 
I'm suprised the reserve was that low. Still, he could have set it up with no reserve and been quite happy with the final price.

I don't think he will be disappointed.
 
EW 2 day's 11 hours till the big push mate.
And at least it has stoped at the 300 mark.
Never understand why people out bid one another
and just push the money and up.
 
Me neither. It's the last bid that counts, not the first.

Dingusboy turned me onto Auction Stealer which throws out a bid in the last 10 seconds. The pay-for version will bid in the last 3 seconds. Pretty neat tool.
 
Back
Top Bottom