MannyE
Exterminate!
I had so little improvement versus the US set up I gave up on WG. It is a lot of tedious work, really painfully slow and sporadic results (at least for me). The US set up I use I can now (with much practice) do about 25-28 LPs in under 2 hours (washing time) plus an additional hour for extra careful, complete air drying cycle and re sleeve. I do both an US bath and a hand scrub, rinse and vac.
I agree. But again, where wood glue is tedious and can get expensive, US is either very expensive or a DIY hassle (for me anyway) and even the DIY solutions are "pricey" for DIY.
The only thing that might change my mind about US vs Spin Clean would be a vast improvement over a Spin Clean. To be clear, I'm not talking about US cleaning better than Spin Clean... we all know it does! I'm talking about taking a record that's been through a Spin Clean cleaning and listening to it, then putting it through US cleaning and going "Holy ****! That's so much better now!"
Now that's something that is worth the extra money! (IMO) But I have not had that happen yet.
But yet again.... when I finally have the "last" system in place with a great turntable like a Yamaha GT 2000 and some crazy MC cart hooked up to an even crazier phono stage and so on... then I'll probably have that Aha! moment with US. The system I have now and my ears can't tell the difference.
