• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

worst thing your kid put into your tape, cd, record player...

thedelihaus

Nocturnal transmissions
What's the worst thing your kid, or neice/nephew, or neighbor's rug-rat, put into your tape player, cd player, VCR or on your record player?

I've seen a grilled cheese in the VCR firsthand. Also saw a slice of pizza go into a VCR.

Seen the whole pizza go on the turntable, but only in the movies.

Emptied pennies and dimes from a Yamaha receiver, and index cards and more coins from a Yamaha CDP changer, that didn't survive as well.

Witnessed a can of coke added to a few pieces as well. Nothing like the sickly sweet "boom" of a Coca-cola cloud from a receiver....



and you?
 
Register to hide this ad
At the tender age of 3, my oldest (now 21) spilled (poured:scratch2:) a glass of grape juice into an operating Dynaco Mark IV mono tube amp. Poof & purple flames:sigh:
 
A Backstreet Boy's CD. I'd rather clean out a Beef Baja Chalupa with sour cream and dog pee than have that in there.
 
A Backstreet Boy's CD. I'd rather clean out a Beef Baja Chalupa with sour cream and dog pee than have that in there.

I get your point :)

I know my mom plugged a pair of her brother's speakers into a powerplug (?) 220volts and presumably 20 amperes of AC ran through the speakers. I bet they didn't like that...
 
While in the service I worked part-time in the Sears Service Dept. Someone brought in a single CD player that had over a dozen CD's floating around inside.I've found Lego's , cookies, french fries,pens,pencils ,coins,pocket watch,paper money,pizza,rubber bands,bandaids you name it...In VCR's,tapedecks and CDP's
 
-Eldest daughter stuffed little pink mints in the original Playstation thru the slot for the laser to shuffle back and forth.
-Yogurt in the VCR.
-$3.50 in change in the TV/VCR combo unit.
-Peanut butter sandwich in the VCR.
-One kid tried to shove a chocolate chip cookie in the Laserdisc player.

All in all, funny now, but back then......AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!
 
The cap of a ballpoint pen deep into the drive of what was a very nice Aiwa cassette deck I'd bought in the late 80s. This was a few years ago when my daughter was about 2 and could just reach the stereo. It probably wouldn't have caused that much trouble but she was precocious in her interest in audio gear and her ability to turn things off and on, She'd seen me play some of her tapes in the machine, so once the ballpoint cap was embedded she managed to close the cassette door and press "play" repeatedly. Pretty much fried the motor...

Shortly after that I started getting into vintage gear, so in a way it wasn't a great loss. But that had been the nicest-sounding cassette deck I'd ever heard. Moved the rest of the components up a few feet after that!
 
full unopened can of miller in a subwoofer box brought to me from a friend who said "the sub is blown, the box rattles"

Pie with no pie pan on a turntable thanks to my sister, whole damn pie, not sure how it didnt break up..didnt cause any damage really just a bit of spill over.
 
I personally put coins into the vent slots on the back of a tv. I was like 3 years old or something like that.
 
anybody rember the alf episode when he stuck a pickle in the tv or somthing? that is a vauge memory I have, that this tread reminded me of.

I had no Idea these things actually happend, I mean a pie on a turn table? thats somthing you do and make a consience desicion to carry out the act, I think even a toddler would think "hey, you know what, I don't think that this thing and pie are supposed to go together."
matchbox cars in the vcr I can understand, it makes a nice garage...a one way garage.
 
Vent slots look like coin slots, and I've seen grown-ups put coins in things to make them work. Perhaps this will work if I just stick this nickel in here...

The slot on the VCR looks a lot like the slots on the toaster in the kitchen. Maybe the sandwich should go in there. Looks like just the right size! Wonder if it will get toasted? A worthy experiment. I'm so clever!

The turntable platter is round, and about the size of the pie, which is round, too. They should match up, just like in the "match the shapes" exercise we did in kindergarten. Won't Mommy be proud of me, when she sees I matched the shapes up just right, just like we are supposed to?!

Everyone knows that when a long paired wire comes out of a music thingie, you're supposed to plug the ends in to the electrical socket. I've seen daddy do that many times with his vintage gear. Let me try it with these speaker wires. Daddy will be so proud of me, if I can make this work all by myself!

Children are really very logical and intelligent. It is we adults who spoil everything with all our nonsensical rules.
:D
 
I have to give my cousin's son credit for being innovative :

My cousin had bought his kids a puppy, and were unsuccessfully trying to house break it. One day after work he stopped and picked up a few movies for the kids to watch, tossed them on the floor in front of the VCR, and went down to take a shower. Well, said puppy came walking by and decided to take a runny dump on the stack of tapes. His son, knowing that you do NOT toss things in the sink or toilet, looked for the next best way to scrape the deposit off of the tape. Hey, when the machine sucks that tape in that little slot, it ought to scrape all that stuff off, right? Should work!

This was back in the days when VCRs were still expensive, so after a few days my cousin got up the nerve to take it to a repair shop. The tech said he had cleaned almost everything imaginable out of VCRs, but never puppy poo!
 
Back
Top Bottom