• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

X2 safety caps for Dual truntables

I did pull an original 0.068uf cap out of one of my 601 parts tables and it did clear up most of the pop , but theres still a very faint one left. I,ll change out the main cap and strobe cap and see what happens.
 
Checking Mouser and Digi key , I see a few options but not sure which ones are the right ones. I,m looking for 0.068 uf 250v X2 safety caps for the switch box on my Dual 601. Im getting that "pop" on start up and shut down. Switch is cleaned so I,m replacing the cap if I can find the right one that will fit! Has anyone replaced one of these lately and would you have a part # for it? Thanks for any help!
Likely this one. I used this to restore the Dual 1249 I inherited. Rated for slightly higher voltage, which is fine.

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/kemet/PME271M568MR30/3459436

Same size as the original so you can reinstall the cover that keeps all the 120v insulated underneath.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom