• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha CA-1000 Left Channel Fades

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I guess I should mention that the issue is no longer with the left channel, it is with the right. The problem switched sides before I replaced the coupler switch.

My money is on the protection relay. :thmbsp: :yes:
 
Well, I'm really letting my 'noob' colors show here but I've searched the schematic up and down and can't find anything labeled protection relay. Is it labeled as something else?
 
It is a clear plastic box that most likely says OMRON on it. It is an LY2 relay. If you flip your unit over you will see it on the only circuit board there - the power supply board.
 
I've discovered the same problem with the CA-2010 I recently picked up at GW. Can I assume that I can try these same interventions with this equipment? Thanks.
 
I've discovered the same problem with the CA-2010 I recently picked up at GW. Can I assume that I can try these same interventions with this equipment? Thanks.

I think the generally accepted solution is:

1. DeoxIT controls and coupler switch. Test with jumper cables.
Tied for 2nd: Consider the protection relay. Recap the Power Supply board.
3. DeoxIT once again.
 
Well, I'm really letting my 'noob' colors show here but I've searched the schematic up and down and can't find anything labeled protection relay. Is it labeled as something else?

Probably because it is refered to as RLY1 or something like that. Its the only flipp'n relay in the unit. Can't miss it . Its on the power supply board on the bottom (underside)of the ampilier. Looks like a clear plastic box about 1" X 1/2" X 1.5".........HC2-P-DC12V

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...=sGAEpiMZZMtSzCF3XBhmW4KUON3CmQ5Om0oU/V5bSRY=
 
Last edited:
I just wanted to add that I own some pretty well built amplifiers. Right now, three Quad 405's, a Quad 606, and an SAE Mark IV DM...and when I got into the Yamaha CA-2010 to clean up all the contacts, I thought the build quality was just fabulous.
 
Back
Top Bottom