• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha CA 600 Repair 2026

I started this thread on August 29th and here we are on October 4th. It took over a month and 300 posts to get this damn thing working and that doesn't include the thread where I finally got this damn amp to stop blowing fuses because the bridge rectifier was bad. I stated earlier in this thread that I don't get how electronics repair people make a living with this. Yes I understand they do it on their own and they know what they are doing but this has been a damn nightmare.

In the past month I have repair not one but 2 Harmon Kardon CD 401 Cassette decks, and that includes blowing FR resistors and 20 leaky capacitors in one of the decks a cracked PC board and all the mechanics of the transports. Like I said I can fix anything mechanical but when it comes to electronics I need to turn in my Repair Tech card.

I definitely can not do this again and definitely not without help. The only thing I have previously done that was close to this is completely go threw an Pioneer SX950. That was all new caps and transistors and some fancy wiring and cleaning and adjusting and it all went fine. I learned a lesson here about the process of working on different boards.

Thank You everyone for all that you did.

Ray
 

Attachments

  • 9cd99407-889e-4a89-b518-28f72b314349.jpg
    9cd99407-889e-4a89-b518-28f72b314349.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 19b0f445-7ac9-4f51-9053-1b84835b70ed.jpg
    19b0f445-7ac9-4f51-9053-1b84835b70ed.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 6
  • !cid_7F06247F-A316-4738-AB59-9F9D75F9E9AD.jpg
    !cid_7F06247F-A316-4738-AB59-9F9D75F9E9AD.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 39eac5b5-1c11-4aa6-ace8-f99c8fce23c9.jpg
    39eac5b5-1c11-4aa6-ace8-f99c8fce23c9.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 5
  • a0a3e699-1109-4cf7-9364-b2cb02598979.jpg
    a0a3e699-1109-4cf7-9364-b2cb02598979.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I started this threat on August 29th and here we are on October 4th. It took over a month and 300 posts to get this damn thing working and that doesn't include the thread where I finally got this damn amp to stop blowing fuses because the bridge rectifier was bad. I stated earlier in this thread that I don't get how electronics repair people make a living with this. Yes I understand they do it on their own and they know what they are doing but this has been a damn nightmare.

In the past month I have repair not one but 2 Harmon Kardon CD 401 Cassette decks, and that includes blowing FR resistors and 20 leaky capacitors in one of the decks a cracked PC board and all the mechanics of the transports. Like I said I can fix anything mechanical but when it comes to electronics I need to turn in my Repair Tech card.

I definitely can not do this again and definitely not without help.

Thank You everyone for all that you did.

Ray

I got exhausted just reading this thread! But glad you got it working and great to see people willing to help. Sometimes the fix is easy, sometimes its an unbelievable pain to figure out. Essentially, you have to like being a bit of a cross between Columbo and Sherlock Holmes. I think Holmes said it best - and paraphrasing - If you rule out the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
 
@PioneerPro , dont give up, the more you do this the more you learn.

And doesn't it feel good you got it working?

And another thing, I hate quitters !!! Dont be a quitter !! ;)
Oh I definitely learned a lot of new things including a lot of how the actual Service Manual works and how to figure out parts values and pinouts.

I will keep at it but I'm going to choose my projects more selectively and not going to pick something that has already been worked on by a non professional.

Good lord there is a lot to take in though.
 
Gentlemen, in March of 2019 I had the flu and I developed pneumonia then I went into Cardiac Arrest for no damn reason at all. My daughter was a senior in high school and just learned CPR in January of that year for her medical classes. She preformed CPR on me until the paramedics got there 4 minutes later and shocked me back to life. I spent 2 months in the hospital and rehab, then I went back to work for 6 months until I said, **** it, I'm done. I retired at 55 and now only work on fun stuff like my house and yard, cars motorcycles and electronics.

I just want to have fun and enjoy every damn extra day that god has given me. This has been a lot of fun and a lot of stress.

Again, thank you all.

Here is the news link if you want to watch it.

 
Gentlemen, in March of 2019 I had the flu and I developed pneumonia then I went into Cardiac Arrest for no damn reason at all. My daughter was a senior in high school and just learned CPR in January of that year for her medical classes. She preformed CPR on me until the paramedics got there 4 minutes later and shocked me back to life. I spent 2 months in the hospital and rehab, then I went back to work for 6 months until I said, **** it, I'm done. I retired at 55 and now only work on fun stuff like my house and yard, cars motorcycles and electronics.

I just want to have fun and enjoy every damn extra day that god has given me. This has been a lot of fun and a lot of stress.

Again, thank you all.

Here is the news link if you want to watch it.

That’s incredible! You’re a very lucky man. You should tell your daughter what an angle she is, every single day, and if you touch any of her ribs, I’ll break the rest of yours. Enjoy life because it’s a lot shorter than most realize … god bless.
 
Back
Top Bottom