• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha CD player

EVBoy

Super Member
I found a Yamaha CDX-910 CD player at a thrift. It's the biggest, heaviest CD player I've ever seen. Does anyone know anything about it? Where could I find a remote?
 
Register to hide this ad
Most of the Yamaha remotes are interchangeable between the various CD players. You can find them on eBay or order directly from Yamaha. The CDX-910 manual is not on their manual website, but both the CDX-900 and -920 are, so you should be able to figure it out from them. http://www.yamaha.co.jp/manual/english/search.php?div=av

Yamaha parts for a new remote is http://www.yamaha.com/yec/generaldetail.html?CNTID=451690&CTID=5010100. You can ask them if they have the CDX-910 owner's manual available for copying. If they do, they will make a copy and send to you for no charge. I always like to deal with them via the phone as they are very helpful. Yamaha customer service from their parts folks is second to none. Good luck.
 
Should be a nice CDP.

If it has anything wrong with it, it's probably the little drive belt that opens/closes the tray.
 
The CDX-910 is the little brother of the CDX-1110 and has similar numbers, it might be a "cheep" version of the big one. It is a child of 1988 and was born with 7,5kg's of pride, to adopt one would in Germany cost about $825.

Dynanic > 100dB
S/N >118dB
Channel seperation >95dB
Hamonic distortion + noice < 0,003%
Hi-Bit, 8x oversampling.
 
I still have my Yamaha CD player from 1986...not only does it sound pretty fine (if not quite up to today's standards) but it even reads burned CDs, which many of today's higher-end models do not.
 
Back
Top Bottom