• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha CR-1000 help needed

Hi. Well, I started to measure the fusible resistors as discussed,
So I measure on board:
FR801 and 802 - 68ohm (with some variations 67, 69)
FR803 - 481,2 Ohm
When I was measuring FR804, the part inside the cloth (I believe resistance R820) has burned at that moment, smelling and smoking. (See pic)
I then turn it off and am going to remove the board and not sure if should change that resistance because I am not sure if there is somethng that might cause the problem and do it again.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20210209_133406.jpg
    IMG_20210209_133406.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20210209_141753.jpg
    IMG_20210209_141753.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 19
I believe this was probably my stupidity, because I had removed the screws that fix the board to the chassi, so that I could push it towards me a little more and I am thinking that probably some contacts could have been touching the chassi. :whip:
Although I am not sure. Yesterday the amp was connected much longer and nothing has fried.

I am sorry guys. Another problem to check.
..............................
 
I have been measuring the fusistors out of the board and they read as follows:
FR801 - 4.0 Ohm
FR802 - 4.2
FR803 - 0
FR804 - 47,2
FR805 - 4,3
FR806 - 4,3
FR807 - 10
FR808 - 222,5
R813 - 481 Ohm (should be 470 Ohm 30mA)
R830 - 10,2 Ohm (should be 10 Ohm 220mA)
 
I can't find a substitute for the fusistor at 22Ohm 150mA. Does someone can help me track this part or a substitute so that I can look for it and order it?
Thanks
 
Fusibles fail open, suspect this should be "OL" on your MM. Service manual has this as 47ohms 0.5W.
Would explain whu +/-50 and +33V supplies are down.

As a temporary measure you can use a flame proof metal film, 0.5w
Thank you very much. A transistor was also dead. 2SC1061.
The FR803 that reads 0 Ohm, in the board says 22Ohm 150mA. Please see picture. What part should I change it for?
Thanks
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20210210_225236.jpg
    IMG_20210210_225236.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 9
Hi. I should have gaved you some updates. Mainly to the friends who so much helped me. I haven't gave any update because I am still waiting for parts.
I had to order the fusible resistance from france and has not arrived yet. Also, I ordered several nichicon capacitors that I am still wayting for arrival.
Will post any feedback when parts arrive.
Thanks
 
Hello

I had to order the fusible resistance from france and has not arrived yet.

?? You probably do not ask the right people !
 
After a long wait the capacitors ordered from nichiconcapacitors.com have not arrived. They didn't know what happened but they refunded me with the payed amount.
That is a job for later when I can find the parts. If the guys from @clinic-audio or any one that sells them in europe have good brand capacitors please MP so that I can send the list. Including the 100000uF ones.
Anyway. After replace the resistance everything was working perfect. Its a beutifull piece of gear.
Once again I would like to thanks the members that helped me tirelessly.
I am now rocking again.
Will start my other project now. A revox B780.Will open a new thread because I am at Yamaha and it makes no sence to go from here.
:beerchug::thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20210326_192040.jpg
    IMG_20210326_192040.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom