• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

yamaha CR-1020 thoughts?

soundprophet

New Member
QmpDGFV


http://www.ebay.com/itm/261368913299?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Just trying to get thoughts on this if anyone knows about it.
 
Register to hide this ad
I have one. I have for about 15 years. One of my Dorm Mates in College also had one back in late 70's early 80's.
I have a lot of "Natural Sound" Yamaha gear. My first was a CA-810 that I still have.

They are, IMO, very solid, well built, respectable rigs.

This rig has plenty of power, does not "color" the audio excessively without your injection of tone controls, and delivers very "natural" sound.
It has ample heat sink and ventilation, the circuits are well tuned and stable. And even the cabinet is made well with decent veneer. I have replaced the dial lights on mine. That's it. No cap replacement yet.

I'd be very interested if I did not already have one.

Good luck! Let us know what you decide and if you acquire it.
 
:thmbsp::yes:

Worth having.

(FWIW, the sales pitch about once in a lifetime is total BS, they are not rare).
 
I have one and I think it's great. It's been completely recapped and it wakes me up in the morning. Very underrated and usually go for less than they should.

After Christmas is also a good time to buy since everyone just spent too much and is broke (meaning the competition is not too high).
 
True. They are not rare. If the price is not right for you or the timing is bad right now, keep an eye out and others will pop up for sale.
 
cr-1020

Thanks for the info. what is the max I should bid on this item? I have a friend that has the cr-1000 and is in love with it and I kinda got weak at the knees when I saw it too.
 
Back
Top Bottom