• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha CR-600 Problem with Main Amp

Dennis Ondik

New Member
I am a retired person and decided to pick up a new hobby which is repairing vintage stereo equipment. I have successfully repaired a couple simple receivers but I am stumped on this one. I am working on a Yamaha CR-600. Seems to be a problem with the main amp board. I checked the voltage between TP3 and TP5. It shows 30V. Should be close to zero. Trying to figure out what is shorted out and where. Any one have experience or can look at the schematic and make a suggestion
 
Register to hide this ad
Welcome to AK! We have a dedicated Yamaha forum with plenty of experts there...so post your problem and I bet you'll get help.
 
Welcome to AK! We have a dedicated Yamaha forum with plenty of experts there...so post your problem and I bet you'll get help.
thanks... I am having problems finding the right place to post my question. It took me quite a while just to figure out how to post a new thread. If you can somehow direct me to the right place to post this I would appreciate it.
 
The Yamaha forum is in our manufacturer's forums...a little below the general audio forum and the DIY section. Scroll away!
 
Back
Top Bottom