• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha GT-2000

My concern with the lead sinkers is that the platter will no longer be perfectly balanced.

I'd say you have that puppy well isolated! :yes:
 
My concern with the lead sinkers is that the platter will no longer be perfectly balanced.

I'd say you have that puppy well isolated! :yes:

Mark,
It's certain that it would compromise the balance,however it was done on a whim(just one of those thoughts which occur to a warped mind like mine :D),and can be easily reversed.

I know that this must sound strange(though nothing coming from me would surprise many people now....)I would like to try hoisting the Magix/GT 2000 isolation set-up which you see in timofred's photos,atop the diy rollerball contraption that I used to use beneath the PX-2/SAP Relaxa 3 +.

There is something about the sound of mag-lev plus rollerballs which is mightily impressive.Though I'm sure that you don't doubt me when I say that it is pretty impressive already.

The Orsonic headshell was another profound improvement.
I am continually surprised when acessories which I am expecting to merely make a slight improvement,then proceed to punch way above expectations.:scratch2:

Analogue provides umpteen opportunities to tease-out more and more from the vinyl groove.The 'spirit of adventure' rules here. :thmbsp:
 
Hello everybody, I am looking for some input on a new mat for my GT 2000. I am considering the funk firm Achromatic. Does anybody have experience with this mat on a 2000? Also interested to know whether the 3 mm or 5 mm is more suitable. I appreciate your input!

Nathan
 
NCB, I've never heard the Achromatic. So I cannot offer an opinion. Have you tried emailing Funk Firm and detailing what type of turntable you use, ask them their opinion?

PS. You would get a lot more GT 2000 owners viewing your question at the Social Group thread.
 
Back
Top Bottom