• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha NS-1000M

Yamaha B-2 said:
...You should at least double your price and put them on Audiogon. But, this is not the buying season. Think you will do better in the fall when folks start moving back indoors...

I betcha you'd score a good amount more in the fall than now too.

Best of luck. They are beauties!!!
 
Forgot to ask. Are those stock Yamaha stands? If so, they may be even more rare than the speakers and worth many $$ on their own. If not, and you decide to keep these, I have pic's of some stock Yamaha stands and plan to have a set machined at some point. Can probably do better on the cost if others are interested in having a set for their Yamaha speakers. You can go here http://audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=60855 and check out the stands. These are exceedingly rare in the U.S.
 
Man - some people have all the luck. $300 for a pair of NS-1000 has to be one sweet deal unless the drivers are badly damaged! I'd give them a serious listen before selling them; you might change your mind.

I had some small dents in the driver metal grills and used a paper clip fashioned into a small hook to pull them out.
 
A blow torch to the midrange could be the last thing you ever did.This might cause the Berillium domes to vapourise and Berillium is a highly toxic substance.This is one reason it is so expensive to use.
These are certainly good speakers but like all dome midranges they don't image very precisely[compared to a good cone]They are also very amplifier fussy.

JT
 
I think you have NS 1000s, and not the M model.
My 1000Ms all had mesh over the woof and also had grills with tabs on the grill frame and receivers inserted into the wood.

As for getting dents out of the mesh, I bent a couple large paper clips with a slight hook on the ends and was able to pull dents quite easily. Don't think I would bother unless I was keeping them for myself.

Gary
 
Back
Top Bottom