• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha p2200 some questions

T
Where did you get that board ?
Can it be use in any amp ?
That Was A Custom Made Board, We Calculated The Numbers And Customized It, To The Yamaha PC2002M.
The Board Can Be Customized To Most Amplifiers, Needing Protection From High In Rush Current.
(As These Vintage Amplifiers Get Older, Switches And Related Parts Can Be Very Difficult In Obtaining)
 
Last edited:
I love my Yami P-2200’s so much so I try and buy them as soon as I see them along with their little brother the P-2100. I now have 8 X P-2200’s and 4 X P-2100 all have been serviced and saved from the junk pile
 
Review of the Yamaha P2200 by a Amplifier designer


"Yamaha P2200

Typical Japanese design, high gain with lots of negative feedback.

Uses a +/-80v rail with only 3+3 TO-3 Sanken output devices per channel. Not safe into a reactive 8 ohm or 4 ohm load.

Uses a very crude bootstrap collector load for the VAS stage.

The output stage is only a double darlington so THD will be higher.

There is no surge protector in the mains circuit so in rush current is high."
 
Back
Top Bottom