Boy is this thing driving me crazy! lol
I’ve taken this thing apart way more times than I want to admit. I get it all back together and all functions are perfect. Once the needle goes down once, it won’t move left anymore.
It seems like something I’m doing while taking it apart (maybe flipping it upside down) fixes the issue until the arm tries to track a record and then the left side dies again.
Is there some kind of mechanism inside the tonearm assembly that controls the motor? If I put a tiny amount of pressure towards the right of the tonearm the motor kicks on and the whole assembly goes right. Pushing the tonearm towards the center of the platter does nothing.
I can move the controls around all over the place for however long and then as soon as the needle tries tracking the record, the motor control is gone.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Matt
I’ve taken this thing apart way more times than I want to admit. I get it all back together and all functions are perfect. Once the needle goes down once, it won’t move left anymore.
It seems like something I’m doing while taking it apart (maybe flipping it upside down) fixes the issue until the arm tries to track a record and then the left side dies again.
Is there some kind of mechanism inside the tonearm assembly that controls the motor? If I put a tiny amount of pressure towards the right of the tonearm the motor kicks on and the whole assembly goes right. Pushing the tonearm towards the center of the platter does nothing.
I can move the controls around all over the place for however long and then as soon as the needle tries tracking the record, the motor control is gone.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Matt



