• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Yorx stereo!!

wilkes85

Super Member
Banned
Hey, I just picked up this awesome Yorx stereo at a flea market for $75.00. It's got a turntable, dual cassette deck, and tuner. Along with some water damaged Lloyd's speakers.
Tape A doesn't work, and both tape doors are broken off, but hey, at least tape B works! although it will eat tapes half the time.

The turntable had no stylus, so I just jammed a sewing needle up in there. I'm listening to an original, mint condition, mono pressing of The Beatles' album "Please Please Me" on it.That sewing needle works pretty good as a stylus. I got it pointing straight down into the record.

I'm also gonna paint flames on the side of it, and name it George. George the Yorx Stereo!

I like this thing so much, I'm gonna replace my main system with it.
:nutz:
 
Register to hide this ad
Are there little strings of vinyl curling away from the sewing needle ? If not, you need to put a penny, quarter, or possibly a small rock on top of the stylus until it does...
 
You know what sounds really good coming out of that yorx?








The sound of an M-80 going off inside of it!
 
Are there little strings of vinyl curling away from the sewing needle ? If not, you need to put a penny, quarter, or possibly a small rock on top of the stylus until it does...

it's a Yorx record cutting lathe !
 
I believe a past member posted something in Thinking Out Loud that claimed that he could resolve TT feedback with the Yorx line by coating the outside of the unit with stick-on googely eyes.
 
the lowest of the low of the cheap chintzy flashy stereo thingys of all time. IMO

Just shows how much you know about high tech audio equipment. My Yorx system was wireless before wireless was invented. Very quiet it was too. It was only midfi until I added the superlative Fisher-Price TT.

After that it was great but the addition of the final component really lifted the 7 veils. The Jameson Current Bush is the crowning touch. While Walker's coin operated system is nice this Yorx I have is nonpareil.

Mike
 
Miniature jet engines. It needs little jets so it can hover while turning LPs into vinyl confetti. :D
 
what was this about?.....i know, for a fact that sounddesign will blow your yorx out of the water...:yikes: you will see things youve never seen before with other stereo systems.:lmao: like the awsome glowing tweeter rings...:saywhat: man every time that happens , the sound is never the same again...:stupid: seems every time that happens i gotta buy new speakers...:pity: no one told me that this hobby was expensive...:deal: all those hi tech plastic speakers sound awsome...but at 50 bucks apair i can only go so far...:sigh: well back to my sounddesign...you guys dont know what your missing...:twak:
 
Wait...it's chocolate with fossilized roach turds stuck all over it?[/QUOTE

Speaking of fossils.......


Mine is the less expensive model which has the petrified Loach turds. I didn't have good enough credit for the Metamorphasis Model. Kafka the salesman was really trying to make the sale but it was no go.
 
Dunno if that's the direct result, but I became a friggin chocoholic after my divorce. Could be worse :tongue:
 
Back
Top Bottom