• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

You Get The Last Word!

Expected arrival of the newborns was on everyone's mind as we heard the car drive up.

Movie: Meatballs

Rome
 
Planes were buzzing and horns were sounding as I must have been spotted leaving the castle and as I worked my way up the trail snakes and lizards
were abundant.

Comic Book: Superman
 
"Reload the equipment and let's get out of here!", he cried in a high, excited voice.

Movie: Saving Private Ryan
 
Voices of pain erupted as I found the stream in the jungle and started wading
towards Canoe Joe's Camp despite the pirranahs.

Movie: Lost World
 
Pirranahs only nicked me a little as I neared the camp and was arrested
by nine native girls with spears. The screaming I heard earlier was coming
from Canoe Joe's shack and he emerged with a tenth and began smoking
a pipe as they hauled me to his doorstep. I told him the Princess of Darkness
had sent me to him with gold and directions for him to guide me to Soul
Island and remove the mine keeper from power. He said something to the
native girls and they began to remove the leaches from my body and clean
me up proper. He said we could not try today because steam boats and
bi-planes were searching the river for someone. We would wait until early
morning and slip down the stream past the pigmy tribe as they slept and
work our way up river to Soul Island. We had fresh fish and monkey brains
for supper while sipping mango wine. Joe retired early and left me to sleep
by the fire in a hammock. The native girls called me into their hut later and
made me some fine moccasins and sharpened my sword given to me by the
Princess. Morning will come early so against much protest by the girls, I
retired to my hammock.

Sorry Teach
 
HJ!
If this were an essay or literary contest, my award would certainly go to your piece of prose. Very nicely done, sir. :thmbsp:

In the future, let's stick to one sentence, please! :D
BTW, where is your entry? :tears:

Rome
 
Hammock swings were now empty, footprints in the white sand were slowly being blown away by the trade winds, & only the memories lingered in the minds of the couples as they boarded the plane.

Book: The Island of Dr. Moreau
Movie: Apocalypto

I apologize for the double entry, do not follow my example. HJ's sentence has infected me with so many entries I could use. :thmbsp:

Rome
 
Planes were long silenced in the early morning hours as Canoe Joe and I
shoved off and paddled down the jungle stream before dawn.

TV show: Gilligans Island
 
Hi PV!
Not quite!
Thanks for stopping by. Check out page one & nine to see what we are doing.

Basically, all you do is take the last word of the previous poster's sentence & start a new one. A change I implemented to the format after page nine was to add a book, movie, or TV show that relates to the previous poster's sentence using any word or in reference to the context of said sentence.

Let me know if you need an example.

Rome
 
Then how about this?

“... dawn is not distant, nor is the night starless; love is eternal.”

Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
 
Dawn was still hours away as I broke camp and began my walk on the winding tarmac that stretched to the horizon.

Movie: Joe vs. The Volcanoe

EDIT: PioneerVato, I used Joe vs. The Volcano as a movie (could be a book) because it relates to the previous poster's last entry; he used the name Joe in his sentence. The relationship can also have to do with content, not just the words used.
 
Hi PV!
Ten said it as good as I could. Take a look at his sentence. My movie entry will relate to his sentence. You will be able to see what is going on after my post. Hope to see you participate. My entry of a movie will be an easy one.

Horizon Art Gallery will host a Chess tournament this upcoming Saturday at 1:00 pm central time.

Movie: 48 Hours

Here is an entry that relates to the context of the sentence without using a word in that sentence.

Movie: Glory

Rome
 
Last edited:
Time continued to tick away as they waited for the storm to pass while taking shelter in the abandoned cellar.

Book: The Da Vinci Code
 
Cellar stink clung to me - you know, the cloying smell of wet ends, darkness and decay that sticks in your nose for days?

Book: The Wizard of Oz
 
Days of garbage, bones and shellfish lined the streambank as we floated past
the pigmy camp towards the river and their fires still smoldered in the early
morning glow.

Movie: Rambo
 
Glow from the incandescent light mesmerized the audience, while the magician's show created an entertaining display of talent & skill.

TV show: Emergency

Rome
 
Back
Top Bottom