• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Your FAVORITE Movie intro.........

Register to hide this ad
I love movie beginnings whether they roll the credits or go right into the story.

Got to be a James Bond movie, one of Sergio Leone's Eastwood Westerns, or one that starts with a good car chase (Steve McQueen?). "Austin Power's Goldmember" must have cost a fortune (with Britney Spears, Tom Cruise, Quincy Jones, dancers, etc.).

Woody Allen's "Bananas" w/Howard Cosell!
"It's a mad, mad, mad, mad World"! (Car wreck)
"The Pink Panther Strikes Again"* when Closeau visits Dreyfuss in the insane asylum!
 
"Dr Strangelove"-Overtly sexual opening w/a KC-135 "Feeding" a B-52. Cheesy Sixties orchestration of "Try a Little Tenderness" by Laurie Johnson. No inkling that they're about to blow the world up....But make you laugh while they do it...
 
Wow, several of my favorites are already listed!

As mentioned earlier, the Bond openings are great (most are better than the movie that follows!) I've always been partial to the opening vignettes for "Live and Let Die" of course using Paul for the credit music doesn't hurt. The jazz funeral is a classic.

Gee, I had almost forgot about the opening of "It's a Mad Mad Mad World," without trying to be a spoiler, let's just say the use of the bucket in the opening is classic!

Dr. Strangelove is another of my favorites! Both the opening and the entire movie!

I've always been partial to the Pink Panther openings! Not that unlike the Bond opening formula. Just segways into a cartoon with music by Henry Mancini rather than the Bond, uh video effects and music by the artist du jour.

As suggested, the opening to the "Good Bad and Ugly" is great!

I forget whether is exactly the opening, but the Hearse sequence in the "Magnificent Seven" is great!
 
Almost anything Saul Bass did in the 50's & 60's.
His opening credits sequences are better than most movies.
 
I always loved Risky Business with Tom Cruise and the dream shower scene.

Scream with Drew Barrymore also was very good.
 
The opening to the original Night of the Living Dead is a classic, and so is the opening scene and creepy ass music in Lucio Fulci's Zombie.
 
Barbarella - need I say more?

Black Sunday - Bava and Steele, what a combo.

Planet of the Apes - the opening shots and cinematography in general still knock me out.

I've loved all the Bond openings, even Rodger Moore's turkeys.

images
 
Planet of the Apes - the opening shots and cinematography in general still knock me out.
Check out IMDB trivia (Original, 1968):

1. Opening was shot at that large lake in UT. (The place does look like another planet. I thought the same thing when I lived in NM. Looked like Mars.)
2. Spaceship was made of plywood.
3. They had to plant the cornfield and water it every day for 6 months. (It still wasn't as high as the Director wanted it but he went ahead and filmed anyway.)
 
Back
Top Bottom