• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Your favorite songs about women.

This one always makes me a little misty:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
 
Great Merle Haggard, 'If You Hated Me'. Very well recorded, very clean. Never heard the CD, only a pristine record. Great hook, if you hated me.
 
Merle Haggard, very personal performance of 'If I Could Only Fly' from a church service in downtown Los Angeles, ignore the phone number on the screen. Audio is slightly above decent AM radio but Merle is in the spirit of the song throughout. I have a VHS hi fi copy of this but cannot post it anywhere due to copyright issues with the church, too bad for everyone, including that church. Great piano interlude, one can see Merle thoroughly enjoying it as he leans on the piano, played by Mark Yeary. You must click on the Watch on U-
tube link to watch.
 
A few Country/Western tunes:
"I Hate Every Bone In Her Body Except Mine"
"My Wife Ran Off With My Best Friend, And I`m Sure Gonna Miss Him"
"I Ain`t Never Gone To Bed With An Ugly Woman, But I Sure Have Woke Up With A Few"
 
Not sure I would say this is my favorite, but too many of us have been in this place...... Somehow it always makes me smile.

Gomez "Girlshapedlovedrug"

 
Back
Top Bottom