• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Your First Music Video???

Mike Nesmith's laserdisc "Elephant Parts" . This epic work integrated funny skits with Nesmith music videos. My favorite is the blond muscle guy in-line skating around Hollywood. Rock n roll dentist was funny, too, with BeeGee's disease. I doubt this was ever broadcast, and the LD is a collectors item.
 
jonman said: "The first ones I rememeber precede MTV by a few Years. It was 1968 or 69. The video was made by the Beatles. The videos where of Strawberry Fields and Penny Lane. I think they were shown on Ed Sullivan show. "

I remember seeing that particular Sullivan show too. Besides the Beatle vids, it featured the network premiere of then-unknown comic Richard Pryor.

Mike Koste
Gobs of Knobs
Ambler, PA
 
the earliest one that really made an impression on me was Duran Duran's "Hungry Like the Wolf"

When I was 6, it was great - like an Indiana Jones movie you could dance to!
 
Sandy, 'Twas "Art of Noise", track was "Close (To The Edit)", released in '84. next hit was their version of the "Peter Gunn" theme. Cool video, and track was pretty cool at the time as well...
 
ekimetsok said:
jonman said: "The first ones I rememeber precede MTV by a few Years. It was 1968 or 69. The video was made by the Beatles. The videos where of Strawberry Fields and Penny Lane. I think they were shown on Ed Sullivan show. "

I remember seeing that particular Sullivan show too. Besides the Beatle vids, it featured the network premiere of then-unknown comic Richard Pryor.

Mike Koste
Gobs of Knobs
Ambler, PA
I knew I was'nt crazy. I kind of remember Pryor with out a mustache.
 
Back
Top Bottom