• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Your Latest Additions (LP)......

Got a call from a neighbor over the weekend who was cleaning out his basement.

He said I could have his old records as long as I took them all. Was over there in about 3 minutes.

He had about 300 albums, almost all first or second issues from the mid-1960s to early 1970s (probably bought when he was in school.) Unfortunately, almost 2/3 were in poor shape, but there still many very good condition gems:

Lots of Bob Dylan: Blonde on Blonde (in mono), Blood on the Tracks, Planet Waves, Another Side of, Nashville Skyline, John Wesley Harding
The Velvet Underground, their 1st album on Verve (not the issue with the peeling banana sticker)
Derek & the Dominoes, Layla
Grateful Dead, Live/Dead (with insert)
Quicksilver Messenger Service
Led Zep II, III (with intact spinner) and IV
The Beatles, Revolver (but with an Abbey Road record)
Paul Kantner, Blows Against the Empire
The Band, Music from Big Pink (1st issue)
Neil Young, his 1st solo album

Also: 1st issue of Time Out by Dave Brubeck in stereo and a 1st issue of Sketches of Spain by Miles Davis also in stereo
I would like to get the Time Out and Miles Davis albums. Nice.
 
Today's flea market finds;

Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Zuma, Reprise In shrink/OG inner/insert EX/EX $10
Deep Purple - In Concert [Live '70/'72] 2LP Portrait VG++/EX/EX $5
Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, Capitol/EMI US VG+/EX $5
Iron Maiden - Powerslave US Capitol/EMI w/insert VG+/EX $5
Zarah Leander - Lieder Der Liebe, Fiesta US EX/VG+ $3
Bobby Rydell - We Got Love, Cameo 1006, US VG/VG $3
Eileen Fulton "Of As The World Turns CBS-TV" - The Same Old World, Pan[?] Records VG+/VG+ $3
Sari Barabas - Ja, das Temp'rament - Odeon Germany EX/EX $3

Plus a clean copy of KISS R'nR Over for my brother. Insert but no sticker $5.
 
It had been over a month since I went to a GW, so I went after work last night. Struck out at the 1st one but I did nicely at the 2nd. Not bad for $2 a pop. I've been cleaning, listening and posting on the vinyl spin list most of the day while doing paperwork and taxes. It's finally beer:30 so I think I'll crack one open. Here's the haul:
IMG_1257.JPG
IMG_1261.JPG
IMG_1262.JPG
IMG_1267.JPG
IMG_1269.JPG
IMG_1272.JPG
IMG_1278.JPG
IMG_1286.JPG


and one still in the original cellophane. Remember White Front?
IMG_1281.JPG
IMG_1282.JPG
 
Rolling Stones - UK Decca Mono - "Their Satanic Majesties Request" - First Pressing 1P/P1 matrix. VG+ condition......This is a rare one.
 

Attachments

  • stones.jpg
    stones.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 29
Rolling Stones - UK Decca Mono - "Their Satanic Majesties Request" - First Pressing 1P/P1 matrix. VG+ condition......This is a rare one.

Nice, I wouldn't mind finding that. :thmbsp: I think I'm up to 3 or 4 mono Stones now, (cough) mostly in good shape. ;)
 
I picked up 2 beauties yesterday.
Both Aussie groups, one of them as rare as and in beautiful condition.

The Loved Ones - Magic Box - W+G label 1967, Blues Rock, VG/Ex:banana:

Steve and the Board - The Giggle Eyed Goo -Spin label 1966, Vinyl Nmint.:banana::banana::banana::banana:
This one is one of our most sought after albums from that era.
Your the first to hear about it:yes:
 
Alice Cooper- Classicks. Not the best sounding LP due to how long it is. But the completest in me had to buy it. I've got all the Albums so now its on to the Offical collections and live shows. Only a few more to get at tis point. May start getting some of the 180g re-issues though. As much of my early Alice Cooper LP buying was $2 thrift finds to play on a cheapo RCA TT. Need to replace about 6 with better copies or reissues.
 
Today's flea market finds;

Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Zuma, Reprise In shrink/OG inner/insert EX/EX $10
Deep Purple - In Concert [Live '70/'72] 2LP Portrait VG++/EX/EX $5
Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, Capitol/EMI US VG+/EX $5
Iron Maiden - Powerslave US Capitol/EMI w/insert VG+/EX $5
Zarah Leander - Lieder Der Liebe, Fiesta US EX/VG+ $3
Bobby Rydell - We Got Love, Cameo 1006, US VG/VG $3
Eileen Fulton "Of As The World Turns CBS-TV" - The Same Old World, Pan[?] Records VG+/VG+ $3
Sari Barabas - Ja, das Temp'rament - Odeon Germany EX/EX $3

Plus a clean copy of KISS R'nR Over for my brother. Insert but no sticker $5.


I've been looking for those 2 Maiden albums for a long time. Kind of expensive on Ebay.

Great find.
 
Rolling Stones - UK Decca Mono - "Their Satanic Majesties Request" - First Pressing 1P/P1 matrix. VG+ condition......This is a rare one.

I heard some of the UK mono pressings of TSMR are a stereo "fold down" and others are a true mono mix. How can you tell from the matrix numbers if it's a true mono pressing? I know the US TSMR is in true mono.
 
Great Stones Decca site! Btw....you own a real nice Stones Decca Mono collection! I own No. 2 and Big Hits and hope to get the others over time.
 
When she reaches 100,000 views the beers are on me :D Best thread i ever started thanks guys to keeping it going...I add to it myself when i can too.
 
Always like finding some classic oldies that I'm not real familiar with .....
I hear good things about this guy!



R-1535251-1241004258.jpeg
 
Well, I finally picked up a really nice copy of Pink Floyd/More, but I probably overpaid by a good bit, since it's a 7th pressing, LOL. :stupid: :dammit: ;) But it balanced out pretty good, because I also got a nice 1st pressing of Doors/L.A.Woman (with the plastic window & rounded corners & 15 Columbus Circle address), a real 1st pressing of Jethro Tull/Thick As A Brick, with the foldout newspaper (I thought I had that before, but I tricked myself, if you find the real one you'll know it), Neil Young/untitled, from 1969, still another CCR/Cosmo's Factory (near mint vinyl), Savoy Brown/Blue Matter, Savoy Brown/Street Corner Talking, and Blue Cheer/Outsideinside. The Blue Cheer cover is pretty rough, it's a gatefold, but completely torn in half, because of the way it folds (or folded, originally), half left to right, & half up to down, if that makes any sense. :scratch2: ;)
 
Here is a great guide:

http://www.stonesondecca.com/4A10_Satanic.html

The one I got is the true mono pressing.

Hey, I have that oddball TSMR that's printed up like a mono, but plays like stereo, with the holograph (made in U.S.A.). It has stereo nps-2 on the back & labels, & I see that's the same number as that oddball they made in England, for export to Japan, except that Japanese one had green labels with ffrr on them. It seems a bit weird, that those 2 oddball albums both used that number, huh? :scratch2: BTW, for mono, I have 12x5, out of our heads, december's children (and everybody's), and Between the Buttons. I only capitalized if they did, so that's not necessarily MY bad grammar. ;) EDIT: Also, I have England's Newest Hit Makers, originally recorded in mono, but re-processed for stereo, so really 5 monos. ;) Whoa, Through The Past Darkly was re-processed mono too, so I'm up to 6! Big Hits & Fazed Cookies "claims" to be stereo, but I don't know what to believe anymore. :D ;)
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom