• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Your Latest Additions (LP)......

I love the Foo's too and even though this might come across as blasphamy(?) I buy originals also as investments, being that they should be worth more, in the future, I have sold off some great originals with proffit made of course, only when in dire need, when in desperate times ha ha.:D and sadly often don't play them out of fear of being scratched with kids in the house :sigh: so maybe I should also buy me some repress too for playing??

Not to start out off topic, but I think the vinyl investment idea is not a great one. Once those of us that like the 90's rock get too old, I don't see there being a market for those albums. I could be wrong, you never know.

As for my latest, The Moon and Antarctica, Modest Mouse. Might put that on after I finish the dry wall.
 
Some recent purchases from stores and online. All in VG+ or better, with a couple new/sealed Jazz titles.

Rolling Stones-Flowers-London-Mono-In Shrink
Iron Butterfly-In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida-Purple/Tan-Atco-In Shrink
Led Zeppelin-Houses Of The Holy-RL-1st Pressing
John Coltrane-A Day In The Life Of-July 11,1958-New RI 2LP
Monk/Rollins-The Prestige Sessions-New RI LP
Stan Kenton-Milestones-1955-Capitol-1st Pressing-Thrift Find
 
Last edited:
Not to start out off topic, but I think the vinyl investment idea is not a great one. Once those of us that like the 90's rock get too old, I don't see there being a market for those albums. I could be wrong, you never know.

As for my latest, The Moon and Antarctica, Modest Mouse. Might put that on after I finish the dry wall.

I think I am going through a phase....:sigh: now I am casting a weary eye back over old previosly owned LP's of yesteryear,I want back, like my A Love Supreme and Time Out and Julie is her Name.:sigh: I am maybe going to part with this later stuff shortly:tears:
 
Picked up a few today.

Motley Crue~Dr. Feelgood,Elektra
Frank Zappa & the Mothers~One Size Fits All,Discreet
Winds Of Plague~Decimate The Weak,Century Media (white vinyl)
Johnny Horton~Greatest Hits,Columbia (6-eye)
Linda Ronstadt~Hasten Down The Wind,Asylum
Kraftwerk~Autobahn,Warner Bros.
Black Sabbath~Heaven & Hell,Warner Bros.
Ozzy Osbourne~The Ultimate Sin,CBS
Midnight Oil~Diesel & Dust,Columbia
 
Hit The Turning Point here in Ottawa today

TurningPointFeb112012002.jpg


Blues Magoos ~ Psychedelic Lollipop Mercury Black Label/Silver Print
Blodwyn Pig ~ Ahead Rings Out A&M Brown Label
Jade Warrior ~ Floating World Island Sunray Label
Jade Warrior ~ Waves Island Black Label
Family ~ Bandstand United Artists Tan Label
The Byrds ~ Younger Than Yesterday Columbia 360 White
The Byrds ~ (Untitled) Columbia 360 White
XTC ~ Oranges And Lemons

All VG+ to NM
 
Picked up 3 goodies yesterday for $1 apiece. All VG+ or better

Roxy Music - Avalon
Devo - Are We Not Men? We Are Devo
Rosanne Cash - Seven Year Ache

I had the first two on CD already, but not on vinyl.
 
flea market finds today.

Jethro Tull - Stand Up
Robin Trower - Back It Up
Grand Funk Railroad - All the Girls in the World Beware!!!
Grand Funk Railroad - Born to Die
Queen - Hot Space
Savoy Brown - Boogie Brothers
 
a few this week...

HPB

10cc - How Dare You 1975, Mercury; UK pressing
Carole King - Tapestry 1971, ODE; UK pressing
Steve Howe - Beginnings 1975, Atlantic
Grand Funk Railroad - Caught In The Act 1975, Capitol

Flea market $1 grabs

Keith Jarrett - Treasure Island 1974, Impulse!
Fairport Convention - In Real Time 1988, Island
Gary Burton, Steve Swallow - Hotel Hello 1975, ECM
Bucky Pizzarelli - Buck and Bud 1976, Flying Dutchman; Canadian pressing
Chick Corea, Herbie Hancock - Corea/Hancock 1979, Polydor
Cal Tjader - Solar Heat 1968, Skye
The Waterboys - self titled 1983, Chrysalis
Randy Newman - 12 Songs 1970, Reprise

Record shop dollar bins

Gary Burton Quartet - In Concert 1968, RCA
Jack Green - Reverse Logic 1981, RCA
Godley & Creme - Goodbye Blue Sky 1988, Polydor
Kayak - Starlight Dancer 1977, Janus
Robert Gordon - Are You Gonna Be The One 1980, RCA
Keith Jarrett - Expectations 1972, Columbia
Charles John Quarto - self titled 1971, Atlantic Promo; Produced by Graham Nash
Lonnie Liston Smith - Visions Of A New World 1975, Flying Dutchman
John Stewart - Cannons In The Rain 1973, RCA

79 cent thrift finds

The Lovin' Spoonful - You're A Big Boy Now 1967, Kama Sutra; MONO
The Lovin' Spoonful - The Best Of The Lovin' Spoonful Volume Two 1984, Rhino; MONO
The Lovin' Spoonful - Everything Playing 1967, Kama Sutra MONO
Al Dimeola, John McLaughlin, Paco DeLucia - Friday Night In San Francisco 1981, Columbia
Eric Andersen - Blue River 1972, Columbia
Marc Johnson - Bass Desires 1986, ECM; Promo/NFS
Eberhard Weber - Colours Little Movements 1980, ECM
Robert Greenidge and Michael Utley - Mad Music 1987, MCA Promo
The Cambridge Buskers - A Little Street Music 1981, Deutsche Grammophon; German pressing
Various Artists - The Young Lions 1983, Elektra Musician '82 Jazz concert @ Carnegie Hall
Bud & Travis - The Bud & Travis Latin Album 1965, Liberty MONO
 
Hit The Turning Point here in Ottawa today

Blues Magoos ~ Psychedelic Lollipop Mercury Black Label/Silver Print
Blodwyn Pig ~ Ahead Rings Out A&M Brown Label
Jade Warrior ~ Floating World Island Sunray Label
Jade Warrior ~ Waves Island Black Label
Family ~ Bandstand United Artists Tan Label
The Byrds ~ Younger Than Yesterday Columbia 360 White
The Byrds ~ (Untitled) Columbia 360 White
XTC ~ Oranges And Lemons

All VG+ to NM


:tresbon: Lotsa good listening there.
 
Hit The Turning Point here in Ottawa today

TurningPointFeb112012002.jpg


Blues Magoos ~ Psychedelic Lollipop Mercury Black Label/Silver Print
Blodwyn Pig ~ Ahead Rings Out A&M Brown Label
Jade Warrior ~ Floating World Island Sunray Label
Jade Warrior ~ Waves Island Black Label
Family ~ Bandstand United Artists Tan Label
The Byrds ~ Younger Than Yesterday Columbia 360 White
The Byrds ~ (Untitled) Columbia 360 White
XTC ~ Oranges And Lemons

All VG+ to NM

That's a great collection of albums you grabbed there. The Family album, Bandstand, is a particularly nice record that isn't all that well known. There are a lot of fine songs on that one. It's Pretty well recorded too.
 
DSCN0326.jpg

DSCN0325.jpg

DSCN0324.jpg

DSCN0323.jpg

DSCN0322.jpg


Corea/Vitous/Haynes - Trio Music Live In Europe, ECM
Keith Jarrett/Jack Dejohnette - Ruta and Daitya, ECM
The Music Improvisation Company, ECM
Gary Burton Quartet with Eberhard Weber - Passengers, ECM
XTC - Dear God, Geffen 12" 45 RPM EP

Went out looking for the Gary Burton album at pmsummer's suggestion and the expedition proved successful for both my ECM and 12" 45 RPM collections. :D
 
Picked these up today at the DC record fair:

The Chocolate Watchband: No Way Out
The West Coast Pop Art Experiment Band: Part One
The West Coast Pop Art Experiment Band: Part Two
The Cure: Pillbox Tales 1977-1979
Joy Division: Autosuggestion
Spacemen 3: The Perfect Prescription
 
That's a great collection of albums you grabbed there. The Family album, Bandstand, is a particularly nice record that isn't all that well known. There are a lot of fine songs on that one. It's Pretty well recorded too.

I've been looking for albums by Family for awhile now. Bandstand is the first I've come across, hopefully not the last.
 
More great condition $1 and 50cent LPs from a local flea market...

Barclay James Harvest - Everyone Is Everbody Else 1974, Polydor
Alan White - Ramshackled 1975, Atlantic Promo/NFS
BrandX - Do They Hurt? 1980, Passport
Roger McGuinn & Band - self titled 1975, Columbia Mastered at Capitol by Wally Traugott
EmmyLou Harris - Profile II The Best Of 1984, Warner Bros
Linda Thompson - One Clear Moment 1985, Warner Bros
Robert Palmer - Pride 1983, Island
Van Morrison - Common One 1980, Warner Bros
Van Morrison - Poetic Champions Compose 1987, Polygram
Keith Jarrett - Hymns Spheres 1976, ECM 2LP
Eberhard Schoener - Video-Magic 1981, Harvest w/ Sting, Summers, Copeland
 
I have been buying on ebay lately with really good luck. I have been trying to snag some NM first pressings of things I have been wanting for a while. I'm always on a tight budget but the small bonus I got at work this year is being well spent...

Hot Tuna, First Pull Down Then Pull Out
Steely Dan, Pretzel Logic
Steely Dan, Can't Buy A Thrill (had never seen that ABC logo before)
The Who, UK Track first pressing
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3986.jpg
    IMG_3986.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3988.jpg
    IMG_3988.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3990.jpg
    IMG_3990.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3992.jpg
    IMG_3992.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4000.jpg
    IMG_4000.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 10
Last weekend's thrift acquisitions:

Girls! Girls! Girls!- Elvis
Blue Hawaii- Elvis (the 2 Elvis LP's are the black, RCA LIving Stereo labels, and both the covers and LP's are VG+)
Very Best of the Hollies
Cords- Synergy (I think its my first clear vinyl LP)
Slow Children- Slow Children
Boogie Bands and One Night Stands- Kathy Dalton (2nd copy I found in excellent shape in the last couple of weeks)
Believing- Alice Stuart and Snake
The Three Kingdoms- John Renborn & Stephen Grossman
Joe Cocker
Mississippi Gambler- Herbie Mann
Surf's Up- Beach Boys
La Bamba Soundtrack
Shadows- Gordon Lightfoot
Beautiful Loser- Bob Seger
Satisfied- Mother Earth
Retrospective- Buffalo Springfield
Runner- Runner

Plus
Radio Sampler- Head East from the local record store.
 
I picked up a few priced records at HPB tonight, but a nice price for excellent UK imports!

Kate Bush - Never For Ever 1980, EMI gatefold, UK $4
Yes - Close To The Edge 1972, Atlantic (K50012) gatefold, UK $5
10cc - The Original Soundtrack 1975, Mercury gatefold, UK $4
 
I pick up very few 45s but thought this one was definitely worth a buck:
Gerry Mulligan Quartet, "Carioca" b/w "Line for Lyons", Fantasy, 1952.

Mulligan on baritone sax, Chet Baker on trumpet, Chico Hamilton, drums and Carson Smith, bass.

6881759423_46e2783031.jpg
 
found today in very good overall condition. US-pressing with cutout, Warner Brothers USA

attachment.php


attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • Funcadelic - ONUG_ab_m.jpg
    Funcadelic - ONUG_ab_m.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 95
  • Funcadelic - ONUG_cd_m.jpg
    Funcadelic - ONUG_cd_m.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom