• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Your Latest Additions (LP)......

found today in very good overall condition. US-pressing with cutout

attachment.php


attachment.php

did you get the bonus seven inch record featuring a live version of Maggot Brain with it?
 
no, Spideyjack..., I guess it was not in all of those, only first edition.
There is just a lyrics sheet in it...
 
Last edited:
no, Spideyjack..., I guess it was not in all of those, only first edition.
There is just a lyrics sheet in it...

still it's a great LP, sometimes you can find the 7 inch in with other 45's, I found my companion single for Stevie Wonder's Songs In The Key Of Life that way, I had like three copies and none had it, then one day I was looking through 45s in a store and there one was right on top.
 
ooooh... I never check the stacks with 7" :tears: I'm usually only after 10" - hard enuff...


but I bought it in mint condition for AU $10,83 right a minute ago..
I love the song...
 
Last edited:
omg... the guy gave me the missing 7" today. luckily it's pretty rough :) I'd have bought the other one for nothing if it would be nice.
 
Cream - Disraeli Gears
Beatles - White Album
Wings - Band on the Run
Grand Funk - We're an American Band (In gold vinyl)
Lennon - Shaved Fish
CSN&Y - So Far
Wings - Wings Across America
Rod Stewart - Sing it Again Rod (In a shot glass shaped cover)
Led Zeppelin II
Getz/Gilberto
and two Smothers Brothers albums, all for $4. Sometimes timing is everything!
 
Cream - Disraeli Gears
Beatles - White Album
Wings - Band on the Run
Grand Funk - We're an American Band (In gold vinyl)
Lennon - Shaved Fish
CSN&Y - So Far
Wings - Wings Across America
Rod Stewart - Sing it Again Rod (In a shot glass shaped cover)
Led Zeppelin II
Getz/Gilberto
and two Smothers Brothers albums, all for $4. Sometimes timing is everything!

$4 - Freakin sweet!
 
Nice little score today:

Nick Drake Fruit Tree 4LP box set (all 3 studio albums and a 4th of unreleased material)
Richard & Linda Thompson - Shoot Out the Lights
Richard & Linda Thompson - I Want to See the Bright Lights Tonight
Richard & Linda Thompson - Hokey Pokey
Richard & Linda Thompson - Pour Down Like Silver
Joni Mitchell - Hejira
Van Morrison - St. Dominic's Preview

All NM-, $20 total

I think the Nick Drake box set may qualify for more than a nice little score at a prorated $8. :scratch2::D
 
Nice little score today:

Nick Drake Fruit Tree 4LP box set (all 3 studio albums and a 4th of unreleased material)
Richard & Linda Thompson - Shoot Out the Lights
Richard & Linda Thompson - I Want to See the Bright Lights Tonight
Richard & Linda Thompson - Hokey Pokey
Richard & Linda Thompson - Pour Down Like Silver
Joni Mitchell - Hejira
Van Morrison - St. Dominic's Preview

All NM-, $20 total

I think the Nick Drake box set may qualify for more than a nice little score at a prorated $8. :scratch2::D

What kind of a gun do you use for robbery?
 
Nice little score today:

Nick Drake Fruit Tree 4LP box set (all 3 studio albums and a 4th of unreleased material)
Richard & Linda Thompson - Shoot Out the Lights
Richard & Linda Thompson - I Want to See the Bright Lights Tonight
Richard & Linda Thompson - Hokey Pokey
Richard & Linda Thompson - Pour Down Like Silver
Joni Mitchell - Hejira
Van Morrison - St. Dominic's Preview

All NM-, $20 total

I think the Nick Drake box set may qualify for more than a nice little score at a prorated $8. :scratch2::D

Do you have Nick's Pink Moon? apparantly very hard to find an original??
 
What kind of a gun do you use for robbery?

I wore nothing but a smile.:D

PM - Here's what's funny about it. I answered a CL about a big collection at reasonable prices. It's was an old couple with about 2000 records, almost all of which was classical. However, there were 2-3 boxes of pop/rock/folk records that belonged to her 45 year old son who moved out decades ago.

When I got there, she had pulled one record out of the stack of 2000 because she said it was worth $35 and she wanted to sell it on eBay. The record? Michael Jackson's Thriller. Looking through the catalog, it had all of Dylan and The Dead's early catalog, all of which were in bad shape. As I flipped through these, she said she wanted $10-20 apiece for those. I passed.

I picked up those listed above (10 LP's), examined them closely and asked what she wanted for them. The response - $20. So, I got all of these for a little over half of what she wanted for Thriller.:smoke:
 
Last edited:
Oh, stop gloating. I bought the CD box set back in the 80's but I could've just as easily bought all available at a lower price. But hey, yu'da man, enjoy.
 
Oh, stop gloating. I bought the CD box set back in the 80's but I could've just as easily bought all available at a lower price. But hey, yu'da man, enjoy.

I just had to. :D My pleasure has as much to do with the circumstances of the sale as the records themselves. For the most part, she wanted completed eBay sales prices for NM records for anything she had heard of (Dylan, Dead, Michael Jackson), but was happy with $2 apiece for anything she hadn't heard of.

FWIW, I actually already have about half of all these records already on CD, including all 3 Nick Drake studio albums.
 
OMG... a friend had a Bonanza-find today. An older women came into his store and brought him in...

The highlites, Krautrock:

Mythos - Mythos (Ohr, 1971) Foc, original pressing
Grobschnitt - Grobschnitt (Brain Metronome, 1972) Foc, original pressing
Et Cetera - Et Cetera (Global records, 1970) Foc, original pressing

the others:

The Blues - Alex Harvey (Polydor, 1964)
Junior's Eyes - Junior's Eyes (Polydor, ????)
Roy Harper - Stormcock (Harvest, EMI, 1971) Foc
Tim Hardin - the Homecoming Concert (Line Records, 1980)
An Evening with Groucho Marx (Picture Disk, AM 1978 US)

she was glad to leave them. All in good condition, I have them for cleaning and listening the next days...


attachment.php


alone the first three are rarities in this condition...
 

Attachments

  • rekkid_bonanza.jpg
    rekkid_bonanza.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:
Waiting for me at my door today was my US release of Ziggy Stardust with A1 and C3 matrix numbers, original RCA Dynaflex orange label, original inner sleeve with lyrics on one side and band members on the other, vinyl NM to NM-. Ahhh
 
classicscoverlp.jpg


Alice Cooper Classicks Mostly bought for collectors sake as the overall time on this compilation is a bit much. Some analog compressing for sure. Going to do some comparing this weekend. The first track is Poison which is 11mm wide. However on the album Trash the first track is also Poison which is 18mm wide.


Anyway all I need is Beast Of Alice Cooper and The Alice Cooper Sho. At which point the collection is complete. I've got all the Albums. Which is sweet.


Red Bull
 
Back
Top Bottom